• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little off topic but i have to chime in with some of the comments about doos being junk. Now this is just my opinion and experience but here it goes. I have a 07 apex and brother and brother in law have 07,09 doos. I will give a rough estimate of all ive done to my apex and what they've done to theirs. Apex- there is not enough space to list it all but some of the major ones are exhaust gaskets, pilot skis, complete suspension swap, (cat skid), idlers, way too many hyfax, etc. In almost 10 years list for ski-doos- dooleys every few years. Not one burn down. Not one top end job. Now i know the yami engine and clutches are second to none in performance and reliabilty, but should we be letting yamaha off the hook just because of that. Granted those are the two most important pieces of the machine, but what about the rest. They could have done 5 rebuilds with the money i have in mine, yet it was never needed. Brothers rev had over 7500 miles when sold, and engine runs and looks like new, because he took great care of it. I had a f7 before my apex and hrs spent on trail messing with setup with steering or suspension while they waited was in hours. In all these years for them--Zero. Set them when new and forget about it. Im not saying everyone has the same results as ive seen,but if you take care of your machine and dont go modifying motors left and right the doos are incredible at holding up in the long run. The rear suspension is simple and strong. Cant say the same about mine, as i got sick of welding up arms every year. Now i know some of you will say why dont you just go buy a doo, and my answer to that is i just cant get used to sitting so far forward on the sled. Im sure i could get used to it, but i love how my apex just seems to fit just right. With my cat skid the ride is great and with snowtrackers it turns good. I still love my sled , and yamaha, what this post is about is the absurd notion that ski-doo sleds are junk. Listen, they are number one in market share for a reason. We were there once,hopefully can get back, but i highly doubt it. I know on doo talk all you see are problems, but do you realize how many sleds are out there, and how many have very little problems or are not even on chat lines. The brother just picked up a 16 renegade 1200. He only got 300 or so miles in so far in this crappy winter, but ill tell ya, that is one hell of a sled so far. The best riding sled ive personally been on, and it pulls as hard or harder from 0 to 80 than my apex. Still breaking it in so couldnt do a lake run against it yet but believe it will be pretty close. One big downfall is the electronic throttle though. We both hate the disconected feeling you get on and off the throttle. Overall a well make sled though. Ill sum it up this way , as in NFL terms, Im a Packer fan, and that would be like saying the Broncos suck, But look whos holding the lombardi trophy.

fIrst of all I come here to read about 2017 Yamahas, after all this is a Yamaha site ,not a skidoo site, if you think that scrap is so great just go buy one and enjoy.Personally my first new sled I bought was a1976 ski doo and that piece of trash was towed in 3 times that year,so I went and bought a 1977 Yamaha Stx 440 and still today I've only buy Yamaha and I haven' t ever been towed .as for skidoo being #1 in sales nobody wants to drive them for more than 2 or 3 years because they know they can't trust the motor so please if you want to talk about that scrap go to doo scrap I'm sure they will enjoy your opinion

The KNAPP is on the ATTACK! Most seemed to agree that DOO needs to hop up that 1200 on DOOTALK. Some have yellow blinders on just like some wear blue blinders here, but most seem to agree that the 4-stroke market needs to be addressed in yellow. Some said they would jump ship. Maybe Big Blue can steal some yellow business IF this new sled meets the hype. 3 days & 46 more pages to go...

3 more nights of dreaming of my new agile, plush riding ROCKET. My girl has to wear BLUE clothes just get noticed around here...

I thought we'd get one more teaser video yesterday, as the previous 2 were both released on Thursday.

Weight, handling traits, and having to look to the aftermarket to make one competitive with box stock offerings from competitors.

I'm not a mtn guy, so I am assuming that is the case purely based on weight? Or is there other reasons beyond that?

A few issues. Extra weight, chassis being unbalanced because of the extra weight up front. How the weight is places makes it much harder to sidehill and also the extra weight makes it harder to dig out if you get stuck. 4 strokes have alot of low end torque but they are missing the top end power. One thing that annoyed me was having to worry about rolling them and having loss of oil. They should also fix that issue from the factory

What about the turbos? Aren't the vipers much improved in the mountains for 2016?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think snowtrax said in their latest test ride that it's a serious contender and up to compete for best mountain sled of 2016.

I think snowtrax said in their latest test ride that it's a serious contender and up to compete for best mountain sled of 2016.

Snowtrax knows zero about mountain sleds........Snowest is a much better source for mountain sled/riding information. Snowest hasn't had a 4 stroke sled even compete in its "deep snow challenge" since 2008. As far as turbos go I have seen far more turbo 2 strokes in the mountains over the last couple of years than I have 4 strokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back