• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New additions......

aja636

Lifetime Member
Well there has been some changes in the Jersey Boys fleet of sleds this off season. "Speed" still has the white turbo apex, he was going to sell then was going to part out, but in the end he couldn't part with his pride and joy. So the yamaha is getting the tune up treatment and will run around NY for a few more years. Heres what the yamaha looks like

CIMG1622.jpg

But his new toy might be some thing to be watch out for. Now it isn't a yamaha but I know you guys will appreciate this work of art!

2010 Renegade, stage 3 powderlites, with a ton of other mods.

mms_picture-3.jpg

mms_picture-5.jpg

I decided to part my Yamaha out, many of you ended up with tons of parts off her. So I on the other hand went to the green side. I am going to ride a "Ditch Pickle". I was very impressed with the way this sled performed last year. She gave all the big yamahas in our area a major A$$ whooping, so I called up D&D, and made the deal.....If you can't beat'em, might as well buy'em right!!!

2010 Z1 Turbo EXT, Big turbo kit, meth, and the list goes on the mods done.

mms_picture.jpg

mms_picture-1.jpg

Also, so everyone knows, TY is still the best forum out there. I have been on the other brands sites and can't get the help or info like you can here!! Happy boosting to all!! This year should be fun.

Good to see that your father didn't sell the Apex. Too nice of a sled to part out imo. Atleast you guys have a bullet proof backup sled;-)

I know the Cat works well, but she's no prom queen...

Old joke:

Q - Do you know what a Camel is?
A - A horse that was designed by committee

I'm guessing at least a 1/2 dozen guys in TRF had their say on this one... :tg:

That Attak has been boosted for four seasons now, originally had a S/C on it then went with the powderlites stage 2 for the balance. I had some growing pains with the S/C in the beginning but got the bugs worked out of her. The turbo set up has been bullett proof since install. I trail ride a Polaris FST and the Attak, the Doo is going to be a new experience.
I could not bring myself to part out the Yammie so I am going to keep it.

If I break the doo I'll have the old girl sitting on the snow bank waiting to beat the hell out of her again, the Yammie has been that dependable :Rockon:

Each brand has there things, we all know that. I just wanted to try something different. Plus the cat is a bit easier to work on then the apex. Also 370-380 HP on full boost isn't nothing to look down at!!

We will see. I am scared of the ski doo, that thing is going to be a quick sled for sure. 20lbs boost and being 100 or so lbs. lighter then the yami or cat....

Damn, all of you have some nice iron. Cats are ugly as hell but that thing is a beast and I sincerely hope you enjoy every second of it! A Bravo with pink sparkles would beat the hell out of my keyboard. :tg:

Where do you guys ride with all that hp? All of you seem to be running 300+ hp sleds, are those trailable up at Tug Hill or do you guys go to Canada/N ME a lot?

We trail ride these around Old Forge, but mostly these sleds prowl the lakes. I would take the Cat to Tug...but would be looking for all the big trails, The yamaha stays close to home, both my dad and I have 100% stockers to go for the big trail rides.

The Cat grew on me, at first I didn't like the looks but he more I seen it, I started to appreciate it. It does ride and handle better then the apex though.(stock to stock comparison)

Here is a pic of what it looked like again Andy, to refresh your memory. Look close you will see a white helmet Thats how far ahead the A/C was.....LOL

DSC_0044.jpg

And insult to injury here is video from D&D, And oh yeah, this is all before the big turbo got put on it this was only 24lbs boost or so, now she sees 30lbs.

The first race was Millstreet in the middle, my sled in the closest lane and looks to be Mbarryracing in the far lane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se_OlVRZDKo

Good luck with the Cat, maybe it will be the fastest. But it was beat with an ugly stick! It cool to try other things, the doo interests me thou.

I like the looks of the Cat, the ride and handling too. The Doo is awesome with a turbo and is much lighter then all of them with good ride and superior handling too boot. If that Powderlites kit will run decent on the Doo, I bet you both will like it the best. It's a great all around machine!

Good luck this season fellas. Have fun but stay safe!

Thanks Mike, I know your riding a Doo with the FPP turbo, how do you like it so far? Any insight on the powderlites/doo setup? pros or cons. I know your experienced with both ,would like your input :Rockon:

Speed, The Doo is the best sled I've had to date. Very, very happy with it. Just over 2000 miles last year and sitting ready for a couple more thousand this year.

Im sorry to say my past experience with Powderlites stuff has been poor to say the least. I hope you have good luck with yours. Lots of Powderlites/Doos for sale with less than 300-400 miles on says the owner must not be too happy either.

I would not pull out compression with pistons or shim for running race fuel! Also don't touch the cam timing like he has you do on the Yamahas either. Run the stock compression and cam timing and you will be much happier! Do not pull out ign.timing while under boost if you want power also. Keep the ign. timing in it! In fact don't be afraid to experiment by adding some timing using good race fuel.

Back