• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Excell Motorsports Hyfax "X"-tender wheel!

spike337 said:
That seems like a real lot taller? How much taller are the 2010 Yamaha ones? How much did they cost you guys and did you do the big rear ones too? Thanks, Mike.

These are about 0.127" bigger (1/8") than the stock Yamaha wheels, it's not a huge increase in size at all and will really help with the slider wear.

6mm = 1/8"? Sounds like a simple, logical soloution. I'll be looking into it. Thanks for the info, Mike.

spike337 said:
6mm = 1/8"? Sounds like a simple, logical soloution. I'll be looking into it. Thanks for the info, Mike.

6 mm is actually 0.236", but you only gain half of that since only half of the diameter can touch the track at all times.

;)!

I am not bashing the product (because I know Aaron makes quality products that he stands behind), but how is oversized wheels any different to running hyfax that has been ground down the same amount as the increase in wheel radius...? Did anybody try this...? If oversized wheels stop the hyfax wear, so should also ground down hyfax do...?

yes you could wait til the slides are worn down but then your margin for error is thin...literally...and they usually dont wear evenly right?

so with this you are basically starting out with double the slide life..and margin for error...

thereare other benefits with the wheels...on the proactive skid...if you stud in the centermost part of the track...theres a good chance you'd sand away at your shock body....this will help space away the stud heads..

spike337 said:
That seems like a real lot taller? How much taller are the 2010 Yamaha ones? How much did they cost you guys and did you do the big rear ones too? Thanks, Mike.

Same question. How big are the 2010 yamaha wheels? I wasn't aware they were taller...

And these wheels will have rubber on them, and be able to be used with studs?

Srxspec said:
bottlerocket said:
Any real pics or just autoCAD ?

All I have is the CAD pictures currently. They will only be offered in black, I do know that.

apexrtx10 said:
When can we get these?

I believe they will be available in December.

suburban said:
So is it 135.8 or 138.8 mm ?

They are 135.8mm diameter.

Allen, put my order in now for 4 of them for my Attak!!!!!!!

These are just the 2 front idler wheels on each side the Attak skid, right????? If so yep, I'll take your first 4 of them you get in!!!!!!

Mike

sleddingfarmer said:
spike337 said:

Same question. How big are the 2010 yamaha wheels? I wasn't aware they were taller...

I don't believe the newer Yamaha wheels are taller, they just have replacable bearings now and come in a spoked style which is suppose to be stronger than their older versions?

Attachments

• HPIM1223 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM1223 (Medium).JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 178
the 2010 yamaha wheels are the same size as always...just the features pointed out...

these are EXCELL MOTORSPORTS wheels...Ulmer and of course the inventor EXCELL MOTORSPORTS will carry them ....

Ive also figured an added benefit...on an xtx...maybe a rtx as well...the center shock body hangs too low and if youre studded in the center it can rub on the shock body...an extra 1/8" of space there will do wonders I bet...Im all over these boys!

and being they are bolt on...guys should just love these!

Landoman said:
Are we talking early December or Christmas December?

Excell expects them in early December, of course this can change if they have any problems during production.

Alatalo said:
I am not bashing the product (because I know Aaron makes quality products that he stands behind), but how is oversized wheels any different to running hyfax that has been ground down the same amount as the increase in wheel radius...? Did anybody try this...? If oversized wheels stop the hyfax wear, so should also ground down hyfax do...?

Oversized wheels will keep the track slightly further away from the track. It will leave your hyfax thicker due to the fact that it gives it slightly more clearance from the wheel to the hyfax. As the track flexes with the stock size wheels it will continue to wear into the hyfax to the point that it will actually get into the aluminum rail. These wheels do not stop hyfax wear, it simply prolongs the life of the hyfax by giving it more clearance from the track.

sleddingfarmer said:

The 2010 Yamaha stock wheels are not any taller than any previous year Yamaha wheel. All the Yamaha wheels are 129mm.

These wheels have rubber on them just like the Yamaha wheels, there will be no problems using them with studs.

SuperSled said:
Allen, put my order in now for 4 of them for my Attak!!!!!!!

These are just the 2 front idler wheels on each side the Attak skid, right????? If so yep, I'll take your first 4 of them you get in!!!!!!

Mike

Mike, these would be the 4 front and also will bolt directly into the two middle rear small wheels on your Attak as well.

Irv said:
I don't believe the newer Yamaha wheels are taller, they just have replacable bearings now and come in a spoked style which is suppose to be stronger than their older versions?

You are correct Irv, the 2010 and newer wheels are not any taller than the old wheels.

Back