• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Excell Motorsports Hyfax "X"-tender wheel!

JROCK said:
Any issues of cracked rails with these larger wheels? If it matters sled is an 09 vector ltx

I thought I recalled reading about cracked rail issues when some guys they installed either Polaris or Ski-doo idlers. I don't remember if it was do the the increased diameter of the wheel or the mounts?

I wouldn't think a small increase in wheel size would have a negative effect on the rails. It would be the same situation having worn hyfax with the stock wheels. Still, I'd appreciate if someone could offer further clarification.

Just thought about it further, once the hyfax wears down pretty thin, you would have a situation where forces would have a little more leverage on the mounts and rails with the larger wheels. Say for instance when you are pounding through the whoops.

I don't think that there have been any reports of any cracked rails using larger wheels without Doo mounts BUT, it is easier to use the Doo mounts when using the Doo 135mm (5.25") wheels as there is no real machining to do compared with keeping the original mounts. I think the only real way to crack a rail at a wheel would be a direct hit on a rock or something.

I don't think the risk of cracking a rail with a bigger wheel is really any worse than the original.

Back