• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New flash?

Vmax

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Arctic Cat ZR 6000 El Tigre
I have heard that Yamaha has a new 2021 flash for the 1049, is this true and if so did it help with performance and starting

I guess it was false new....:p

The latest flash update came out in the fall of 2018. Nothing has been offered since. As far as performance, most stated better throttle response. On the starting side, it seemed to do away with the starter kick backs for most, improved cold weather starts and warm motor starts.

Good question...I bought my 2015 ZR7000 back in 2018 and the dealer did a upgrade flash before I picked it up. The only reason I brought this up was because a guy on TY mentioned that a new flash happened in 2021 for the Viper and told me to look into it ??
I have no issues with mine but if they can come up with a better cold start flash I'm all in

Pretty sure you can call a dealer and they can run your VIN and they should be able to tell.

@Vmax What is the cold start issue you are referring to? I find that mind seems to turn over for a good 5 second before it fires. Is this the behavior you are referring to?

Yes, plus in extreme cold folks have had start issues

I just read on Hard Core Sledder that there is a flash for 2021 Vipers. Anybody know the real story? It is supposed to improve the cold weather starting ( I'm in Manitoba, we get lots of -30c ) , and improve the performance to Nytro power and speed. I'm going to take to my dealer too.

So without this update is it normal that it turns over for a good 4-5 seconds before it fires? Mine is an zr7000. Not sure if that is relevant or not.

So without this update is it normal that it turns over for a good 4-5 seconds before it fires? Mine is an zr7000. Not sure if that is relevant or not.
My 2016 LTX DX turns over 4-5 seconds then starts and usually stalls once. Has always done it. The new flash is supposed to solve that issue and up the performance a bit. Who knows what that means. If it will start better then my starter should last longer.

I’m at my last straw with this sled and it’s cold start issues. Been to dealer numerous times to find nothing. I’m hoping there is something to this.

Back