• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New flash?

I was told by my dealer that the 2020 had the latest flash. I still have issues from time to time with the warm starts and if my battery is not fully charged cold starts can be an issue. So if there is another flash to fix that I am in.

My 2015 XF7000 has the Dec 18 flash which was my 2nd reflash. It could be improved. There definately must be something newer in current production Vipers
Who has one and how do they start cold and hot ? Never heard anyone on here that had a new model.
I don't think Yam or Cat is going to offer up another new flash if the starter kickback is fixed. I am going to ask my Cat dealer and the local Yam dealer to see what they know. I don't mind paying a biy of labor to have it done. There are two sleds in my stable.

Who has a new Viper ????

My 2015 XF7000 has the Dec 18 flash which was my 2nd reflash. It could be improved. There definately must be something newer in current production Vipers
Who has one and how do they start cold and hot ? Never heard anyone on here that had a new model.
I don't think Yam or Cat is going to offer up another new flash if the starter kickback is fixed. I am going to ask my Cat dealer and the local Yam dealer to see what they know. I don't mind paying a biy of labor to have it done. There are two sleds in my stable.

Who has a new Viper ????
I don't have a new Viper but I have a 2020 that I bought new. It came with the latest flash and it still can be a bit unpredictable at times when starting. It seems to start well cold but can be stubborn when at operating temperature. I find that when it fails to start warm, instead of just turning the key to the cranking position, turn the key right off and then start over. It always cranks quite a few revolutions before it fires cold or at operation temperature. I had a 2014 Viper and it started exactly the same way after having the 2018 flash. I don't think there's been any updates to the flash since that time. I think this flash has pretty much solved the wave of broken starters and various related parts.

I spoke with a tech that works on Yamaha sleds. he suggests to replace the battery in the fall and see what that does. I am hoping to solve the warm starting issues. I did not ask about what battery to get. I was wondering if anyone here had any tips on that. What works better for a battery?

I spoke with a tech that works on Yamaha sleds. he suggests to replace the battery in the fall and see what that does. I am hoping to solve the warm starting issues. I did not ask about what battery to get. I was wondering if anyone here had any tips on that. What works better for a battery?
I have had best luck with stock Yuasa battery. Still using my original in my Venom. When you get one make sure that it is empty of acid and you add the Acid. That ensures fresh battery that hasnt been sitting around discharging for who knows how long. In summer I remove all my batteries and put in spot where I rotate charging them every week or so with a Optimate4 Charger which simulates engine running. Cant prove it but I think thats key. A good battery in a vehicle being used all the time seems to last forever. when running a vehicle varies the charge voltage.

Back