• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW MODEL IN FEB 2010?

YCC-I

Was suppose to be released for '10 but was postponed..new body style..etc. Not that big a deal.

A new SRX with the crossplane R1 engine is looming out there i hope !

NytroSx said:
YCC-I

Was suppose to be released for '10 but was postponed..new body style..etc. Not that big a deal.

What's a YCC-I?

SledFreak said:
NytroSx said:
YCC-I

What's a YCC-I?

YCC-I (Yamaha Chip-Controlled Intake) system found on the Yamaha YZF-R1 which is a variable-length intake system that boosts power at high revs by lengthening the inlet tracts to increase the amount of air entering the engine.

If there is an apex you will see no major engine changes, it is the best engine out there period!, I predict there will be a new delta 3 chassis, it will be a weight reduced machine for sure, if they drop some weight out of the apex a 150hp motor will kill it! i do forsee them goin to a all fox float suspension so there is alot of weight gone, and a better tunnel much like the nytro since it has just been put on all the new nytros, I think it would have a mid stance like the new fx10mtxse no sway bar. AS for the body style, i think you guys have it nailed! It will be a cross of the oldschool rx-1 and the new nytro!

but what do i know riight haha
just my thoughts

Mtn-Track said:
SledFreak said:
NytroSx said:
YCC-I

What's a YCC-I?

YCC-I (Yamaha Chip-Controlled Intake) system found on the Yamaha YZF-R1 which is a variable-length intake system that boosts power at high revs by lengthening the inlet tracts to increase the amount of air entering the engine.
if thats true then im betting it will be on the 16 valve platform r1 from the 07-08 models. which means more power and a slight weight savings

NytroSx said:
YCC-I

Yeah, I didn't know what YCC-I was but I'm agreeing that the new sled probably won't be seen as that big of a deal.

I read somewhere that their best selling sled was the XTX. That surprised me as I would have thought it was the lower priced Phazer.

AKrider said:
NytroSx said:
YCC-I

Yeah, I didn't know what YCC-I was but I'm agreeing that the new sled probably won't be seen as that big of a deal.

I read somewhere that their best selling sled was the XTX. That surprised me as I would have thought it was the lower priced Phazer.

That's becausew the Nytro re-sembles the REV. The REV was the best all time sled ever built for trail and bump riding. The long track adds the better bridge between bumps and floats on snow, which makes me beliebe that is the reason why the XTX is the best sled going right now for Yamaha. If you talk to alot of people who owned REV's and own XP's, alot of them still like the REV better. I'm only speaking in terms of ergonomics here... Not weight, chasisis or motor. I believe it's because they pushed the driver 6" back compared to the REV. I know I loved my REV, I just hated the 4 pistons, 2 jugs and a crank that I had to put in it.

Ok here it is, real hard evidence from the Yamaha parts catalog:
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx

If you choose Snowmobiles, 2010, you get the Nytro, Phazer but no Apex...

Why wouldn't they copy and paste the old microfiche in for the Apex when they did it for the other sleds? Probably because we are getting a 2010.5 mid-season released Apex, so they don't want to confuse dealers or anyone else quoting the parts catalog.

Seriously people, it's time to start selling off your turbo's before the new 300hp Apex comes out, make sure to drop the price another 2K so I can get one....

Mark

Back