• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW MODEL IN FEB 2010?

My dealer said his Yamaha rep was in last week and he said their will be a new early release sled in Feb. Unfortunately no details yet. He did say alot of Apex owners would be buying one . Hope this means a new replacement for the Apex.

fourload said:
My dealer said his Yamaha rep was in last week and he said their will be a new early release sled in Feb. Unfortunately no details yet. He did say alot of Apex owners would be buying one . Hope this means a new replacement for the Apex.

if he said that it means a new 170-180hp apex is on the way :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon: :yam:

jlemieu1 said:
Sled Dog said:
How about they start to put AGM batteries in their sleds instead of lead acid to better enable it to take the cold, vibration and pounding a sled does to any battery. No that would make sense and cost a bit more and give the consumer a better product????????

A bit off topic, I though the batteries where AGM not Pb/Acid on the Apex's?
AGM is a type of lead acid battery. Good reading here: link

It must be a new APEX.....the apex chassis is basically same since 03 with the rx1....thats way too many years in same chassis IMO.....

the vector,nytro and phazer are all good for several yrs to come....now we need a new top dog to replace the aging apex......

as I said before,i look for a low boost SC(and i wouldnt be surprised if it looked alot like Gforce setup)

170-180HP....weight wont drop much if any,and that is ok with me.

still not sure if it will be our beloved 4holer or not.....Im guessing the nytro motor with SC....since the HP is not far off.

Dan

It seems to me a small compact SC would be the way to go if you want to keep HP up and weight down.

If you read Chris Reids Blog when speaking to Yellowknife, it pretty much supports that a new model is coming for 2011. The one we should have got last year. But, don't look for anything new for a while, since their is no money for R&D. This really sucks..... So, if this is true, I guess I won't half to dump on him like I did last year. haha....

SledFreak said:
If you read Chris Reids Blog when speaking to Yellowknife, it pretty much supports that a new model is coming for 2011. The one we should have got last year. But, don't look for anything new for a while, since their is no money for R&D. This really sucks..... So, if this is true, I guess I won't half to dump on him like I did last year. haha....

ok. well when i was talking to my dealer last month he said that yamaha is coming up this week to test out new sleds if we have any snow. they come up here every year to do it.

Back