• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New RTX. which helmet?

supercat

Extreme
Well, I guess I did it! Pick up the new RTX on Wed. The windshield is just about useless on this sled. I used to ride with a wedge helmet because it wouldn[t fog up on me. But I used to ride with a real windshield too! I am going to buy a new helmet with electric shied. I am leaning toward the modular from ski doo. What helmet set ups do you guys like? I want something air tight since i will use a heated shield.

I got the Scorpion EXO 400 with E-Shield this year. Got two days use on it. It works really well. However, you need to have something to cover your chin. The Scorpion’s No-Fog deflector is built in the helmet, and there is nothing that actually tightly covers your chin inside the helmet (e.g. like wearing a No-Fog Mask, etc.) At 100 MPH, air gets in there through the helmet’s thin material, under the chin. Probably be worse with a low windshield. Can’t beat the price though, $185. Lots less than the BVS2.

Another interesting thing; It seems that once you go to an E-shield, you need to have it powered to keep the fog out. My old Arctic Cat helmet did not fog with a NON E-Shield. But, once you put on the E-Shield, you had to power it or it would fog. The EXO E-Shield also fogs w/o power. Once it is powered, then it works just fine. Go figure, eh?

Ski doo modular Works very well. Less money than Bvs2. I put an electric shield on it but have never had to plug it in.

Back