• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Semi Rigid Tunnel Gear Bags for SR Viper

I used this same set up on my Viper.

Attachments

• IMG_0247.JPG
    IMG_0247.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 360

Im on my second expandable bag on my Viper 137. the seam on the original one I bought was coming apart in the rear of the bag, lucky for me I caught it before any tools got lost. the bag had over 6000 miles on it so I bought another just for the simple fact that it holds alot of stuff for a decent price. I believe the second one was around 119.00 shipped to my door. Not bad for the abuse it takes back there banging around.

Last edited:
I paid $115 for the Semi-Rigid bag from my Yamaha dealer. Thought it was a solid deal.

very good deal! was that port washington yamaha?

Last edited:
Question about the
I used this same set up on my Viper.
I bought a set of saddle bags for my XTX for trips to canada. I haven’t riveted the clips/barrel pieces on the tunnel. Do you have a pic of where you put yours? I’m worried there going to be to far forward my feet will hit them.

The large bag looks like it will end up on the tail lamp bracket on a the RTX. Large fits the 137 LTX nicely.

See below for photos of the XL semi rigid bag on a 137 for those who are curious how it fits size wise. The straps are an optional mounting option, the other is to drill two holes in the tunnel for a quick release located inside the bag. Not sure which method I intend to use yet...
IMG_0271.png
IMG_0272.png

Bag looks good. I don't believe I ever got straps with my Medium bag. I installed using the 1/4 turn quick release seems to work wonderful. As long as I don't lose the bag riding down the trail. :sled1:

I believe those rear straps mount in the pre drilled holes in the bumper not the running boards as shown in picture

I believe those rear straps mount in the pre drilled holes in the bumper not the running boards as shown in picture

I dont have them mounted to the running board, they were just pulled out of the way and laying there loose to be out of the way. Also, if I recall correctly, the install instructions say to cut them off if you plan to use the quick disconect mounting option. Still not sure which way I plan to go. Not a fan of drilling if I dont have to. Havent had a chance to really look it over yet.

Bag looks good. I don't believe I ever got straps with my Medium bag. I installed using the 1/4 turn quick release seems to work wonderful. As long as I don't lose the bag riding down the trail. :sled1:

My buddy has the large version on his Tcat and used the quick release option. That bag never moved so your good! I just purchased the medium bag for my sons viper too!

See below for photos of the XL semi rigid bag on a 137 for those who are curious how it fits size wise. The straps are an optional mounting option, the other is to drill two holes in the tunnel for a quick release located inside the bag. Not sure which method I intend to use yet...
View attachment 142207 View attachment 142208

How did you get that to fit? I purchased one and can’t get it to fit against the tank and seat. This is as close as it gets to the tank/seat.

56677136188__91641A65-7255-410A-AEB6-2A72B43389C7.JPG.jpeg

IMG_2626.jpeg

Last edited:
I also needed to lift up on the seat and tank to get the front tab on my bag to slide under. Make sure and mount it tight to the seat or the seat release tab and screw will not be by the reinforced fabric and it will wear a hole in the bag.

Back