• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New ski-doo

View attachment 171777

It's nice to try all different brands. My new SRX is my 6th winder I have owned since 2017 and have ranged from 280hp tuned to upgraded turbo Motec setup with 350hp. Have always had a Doo in the stable at the same time whether it be a 375hp Motec 1200 or a Motec 900 or currently a Mach Z with close to 400hp on the trail running auxiliary injection from a tunnel bag mounted tank filled with c16 that automatically feeds the little 900 c16 when boost goes beyond 20lbs. Runs 35psi on the trail and only uses a liter or less of c16 for an average 200mile aggressive trail ride.

Have to say though I really like the power steering and the look of the new SRX. Only running 280hp tune with exhaust and clutching this year but may take it further for next season.

Also have a Doo 850 Turbo R coming to try for next season too as just a play sled. Should be a fun setup too.

All in good fun! I bet nobody would have guessed the quickest and most powerful trail sled in the pic was the Mach which is fun too as it leaves a lot of people scratching their heads. Just for reference the wrapped black winder in the pic is a buddy's 350hp Stage 5 sled with built engine making 350 on pump which is an awesome setup but the baby Mach is 5mph faster in 660' believe it or not. It cost a fortune to get the Mach to that point but again it's unique and a sleeper because as we all know in stock form the Mach is pretty lack luster performance wise and can't even keep up with a stock winder if you could find one. Only stock winders around here are still in crates...
They’re all fun
How does the stage 5 run?
You can’t use the mach! It’s a ringer or whatever the excuse for losing is??
Race gas! No fair. Lol
I raced a big turbo 900r stretched out to a 150 plus track at st germain and we had to rerun because our ski loops were so close couldn’t be decided who one at 500 ft from the photos
It’s a fun sled and great on trail
It does pretty well on the lake too
I would bet it beats 99 percent of the winders on here
But not all

Last edited:

I would bet it beats 99 percent of the winders on here
But not all
And I will beat 95% of the Boosts/MachZ's & 850Turbo R's out there...lol.
So what's your point?!?!
Most of the really fast winders aren't engaging this "picking on trail riders" mentality.
But, you seem to be enjoying yourself. Lol.
And again, you need to be reminded of the simple task of getting an 850 to run 660'
You're not afraid to stretch the legs on that sled, are you? Lol.

I am having fun
No worries
I’ll get 120 in 660 and let off
I am a trail rider
Me too...
I just don't know of anyone in here setting up a 998t for 660'?
It would seem to be an oxymoron.
Also, and it's just my opinion, the faster ones in this group are striving for bigger top end speeds, 130, 140+

Why not keep it to the bar for another 3 miles on the lake like I do with my SRX?
I can do that too
No big deal
Never rode a sled like that though other than a 600 when I raced cross country
I wouldn’t honestly do that on my 998 but to each their own
Does it even go 120 on gps??? Lol

If the Boost can supposedly run 180 on the trail in stock form without meth, why can't DOO?
Did they not lower the compression with the addition of meth?

Will there ever come a day that Doo or Polaris offers a sled to the consumer that can run all day long on pump gas with power at 250 plus?
With only a $650 tune?

I can do that too
No big deal
Never rode a sled like that though other than a 600 when I raced cross country
I wouldn’t honestly do that on my 998 but to each their own
Does it even go 120 on gps??? Lol
You should check out fleecer’s Thread about TopSpeed .120 on the gps was surpassed long ago my friend

If the Boost can supposedly run 180 on the trail in stock form without meth, why can't DOO?
Did they not lower the compression with the addition of meth?
Maybe trail leader will chime in. But I'm guessing that the Polaris cannot sustain 180 power wo for long distances. Safety protocols from the ECU will take care of that. Or perhaps I'm mistaken?!?!

Maybe trail leader will chime in. But I'm guessing that the Polaris cannot sustain 180 power wo for long distances. Safety protocols from the ECU will take care of that. Or perhaps I'm mistaken?!?!
Oh, he'll chime in, but his answer will be that if you machine the head and run race gas it's all good..... ;) :D

And I will beat 95% of the Boosts/MachZ's & 850Turbo R's out there...lol.
So what's your point?!?!
Most of the really fast winders aren't engaging this "picking on trail riders" mentality.
But, you seem to be enjoying yourself. Lol.
And again, you need to be reminded of the simple task of getting an 850 to run 660'
You're not afraid to stretch the legs on that sled, are you? Lol.
I just love the sidewinders easy drive ability, stability and any other bilitys. Really nice reliable fast comfortable economical sled.
But it would be interesting to see a 300hp winder on our 500 foot grass drag strip. Weve had semi pro racers test here in secret on grass that is, before heading to the fall grass drags, and Ive seen some faaast sleds!! Seems in our very rural area, Im thebonly winder. Apparently locals enjoy UGLY sleds...but not a one who rode it didnt love it. Guess I should stop letting people ride it before someone wads it up.

Back