• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Skinz (SPG) "Concept" Front Suspension

Would I be correct in my assumption that aside from increased ground clearance and width (for the 43" version) that the Zbros kit does not improve handling over stock in regards to bump steer and high speed stability?

AKrider said:
Would I be correct in my assumption that aside from increased ground clearance and width (for the 43" version) that the Zbros kit does not improve handling over stock in regards to bump steer and high speed stability?

Correct, I was fortunate enough to tour the Skinz operation a few times this last winter and I will say they are fully on board with Yamaha and especially the Nytro.

I can say that they looked at the Nytro and said we can make this thing handle better, Not just make a copy of zbroz or ts, and that is what they did with kit.

As far as comparison its apples to oranges.

AKrider said:

The ZBroz suspension does indeed improve handling over the stock suspension. They engineered, tested, and changed a fair amount of geometry from the OE design. Don't get me wrong... Their design was #1 in my book - until this.

The SPG Concept, as Sonds said, is like comparing apples and oranges - there really is no compare to the new "Concept" from Skinz...

Re: READY FOR ORDERS!!!

MotoPsycho said:
We are now accepting pre-orders here:

http://oftracing.com/Store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=227

We (OFT Racing) are also offering a 25% discount on any shock retrofits when you pre-order your kit through us.

Pre-order today - kits will be very hard to get throughout next season!

do you know how far out the wider a-arm kit is from production? really want to pull the trigger on it but would like to get the wide kit for my xtx, thanks

Am I unstanding this correctly that this kit doesnt come with spindles? If this is correct will these kits work with the TS older and newer style spindles for those of us that have already converted the front suspension over and since gotten rid of the stock spindles.

Hey MOTO
have you gues come up with a price for retrofiting the older style FOX Float shocks or did i just miss it in this forum

This kit sounds very promising ;)!

to modify the fox shocks you have to bore the holes out for the bearings to fit ? and this is why it is 200$ ?

how much is it for just the bearings ? its a little inconvenient to ship from canada and back just to get two holes enlarged and bearings pressed in .

bholmlate said:
Am I unstanding this correctly that this kit doesnt come with spindles? If this is correct will these kits work with the TS older and newer style spindles for those of us that have already converted the front suspension over and since gotten rid of the stock spindles.

Hey MOTO
have you gues come up with a price for retrofiting the older style FOX Float shocks or did i just miss it in this forum

This kit sounds very promising ;)!

Brian,
TS Spindles won't work with this kit.

The shock retrofit is $189.95, but we are offering a 25% discount on this service for pre-orders through us.

bradthebest said:
to modify the fox shocks you have to bore the holes out for the bearings to fit ? and this is why it is 200$ ?

how much is it for just the bearings ? its a little inconvenient to ship from canada and back just to get two holes enlarged and bearings pressed in .

Brad,

It is a fair amount more complicated than just boring the hole and pressing in a new bearing. The Floats have to have retaining ring grooves machined into them as well. We can sell you a kit to have the work performed by your own machinist, but the cost of the fixture they will have to build will most likely cost more than your shocks are worth.

The Exit Shocks are already setup with these grooves, and we will be selling a kit that the user can install on their own if they wish.

This kit will be $49.95 + Shipping.

We will also offer installation of this kit for $99.95 + Shipping.

bradthebest said:

Brad,

We calculated the $189 Fox Float retrofit price based on machining the shocks ( bore ends and machine the retaining ring grooves ), the spherical bearings involved ( not cheap ), bearing installation, all spacers/o-rings required for installation AND return shipping to U.S. based customers.

We have some limitations with our shopping cart software regarding International orders and how we had to set up the upgrade pricing that included shipping, but we will only need to add $10 more to return ship to Canada and $25 more to return ship to Sweden/Norway/Finland.

It costs $40 to ship a 10# package to Canada and almost $60 to Scandinavia.

This is a significant savings compared to purchasing a new set of shocks that will also have additional shipping costs associated with them.

Scott

Is there going to be a kit to fit stock shocks down the road? Can you tell me why they made this front end not accept the current shocks? Is it the offset to the front? Thanks

Scott,

Are you guys zbroz dealers yet? Thinking about this set up, but if I spend the $$ I will want good shocks.

Can you also explain the benefit of the pre-order by today if I go the zbroz route.

Thanks

kirk

And does skinz have any problem using a coil over, or are they only comfy with the air shocks?

bottlerocket said:
Is there going to be a kit to fit stock shocks down the road? Can you tell me why they made this front end not accept the current shocks? Is it the offset to the front? Thanks

The forward movement of the a-arm/spindle assembly requires the use of spherical bearings in the shock ends. We can upgrade the Fox Floats, but not the GYTR coil overs to work with the SPG front end.

yammi4ever said:
Scott,

Are you guys zbroz dealers yet? Thinking about this set up, but if I spend the $$ I will want good shocks.

Can you also explain the benefit of the pre-order by today if I go the zbroz route.

Thanks

kirk

And does skinz have any problem using a coil over, or are they only comfy with the air shocks?

We are a Zbroz dealer, but have not finalized an Exit shock set up for the new front end kit. We are working on that setup. The main focus up to this point has been on the Fox Evol-R. The Zbroz Exit X0 and X1 shocks will fit the SPG front end provided that they have the spherical bearings on both ends of the shocks.

There is no need to pre-order by today. There may have been some confusion with this. The earlier post stated that the pre-order web page would be available no later than today and it is now there to pre-order.

We are taking orders now on a first come basis.

Scott

Back