• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Skinz (SPG) "Concept" Front Suspension

Dimebag said:
With all the effort, time, advice, donated sled, why would not get em from OFT?

I totally agree. And you also get the best customer service out there.

I've always got good deals from OFT and would not consider buying something like this from any other supplier.

You guys rock! Just wish you'd supply me with some awesome stickers next time you ship to me :tg:

Stickers, they got stickers?

think I got one when I got my order... I would've liked to have a second one to match the other side tho ;) I hope when I place my next order from them I will hopefully get another.

swelly said:
poleclimber said:
This kit gonna be in marshalls catalog like a lot of other skinz products? That way I can get them at a discount...

With all the effort, time, advice, donated sled, why would not get em from OFT?

Something like that from Marshall you are maybe looking at 20%. What is that amount amongst friends?

"""Support TY Advertisers"""

Might be my new slogan.

First of all I totally agree with supporting TY advertisers. I've bought stuff from Ulmer, Excell, and Lake Effect and happy as hell with all of it. I'd buy again from all of them.

But if there something I want and its in a marshalls catalog or any catalog for that matter and I can go down to my local dealer and get it from them I will every time. If I can give someone in the town I live in business its a no brainer for me. Don't get me wrong I'm sure the guys from OFT are cool as hell but I'd rather support a local business. If he shuts down I'd have to drive a long ways to get to another dealer which I don't wanna do.

So yes I do like to support "TY Advertisers" when I can but I also like to "Buy Local"

Dimebag said:
YEAH, you can buy them from their webstore. Should be delivered with every shipment. "Free" advertising guys ;)!

We do ship a sticker or two out with each order ( except for rivet orders ). Make sure you check the bottom of the package. I usually put them there so the stickers don't get wrinkled. ;)!

poleclimber said:
First of all I totally agree with supporting TY advertisers. I've bought stuff from Ulmer, Excell, and Lake Effect and happy as hell with all of it. I'd buy again from all of them.

But if there something I want and its in a marshalls catalog or any catalog for that matter and I can go down to my local dealer and get it from them I will every time. If I can give someone in the town I live in business its a no brainer for me. Don't get me wrong I'm sure the guys from OFT are cool as hell but I'd rather support a local business. If he shuts down I'd have to drive a long ways to get to another dealer which I don't wanna do.

So yes I do like to support "TY Advertisers" when I can but I also like to "Buy Local"

PC, I think your original statement was taken a little out of context. Your family owns a Yamaha dealership if I'm not mistaken? The fella that bought your XTX is a customer of ours and told me that information. So, if you can buy through your family dealership and save a few bucks, no one should fault you for that. I don't know if the Concept front end will be in the Marshall's catalog or not, however.

Scott

Scott, yea your info is correct my family does own a dealership so I do try and get everything through them and save some money. Hopefully this winter will be better than last year so I can justify spending that much money on a front end.

Question.....Is the skinz seat that much lighter than stock or is all the weight savings from changing the silencer?

poleclimber said:
Scott, yea your info is correct my family does own a dealership so I do try and get everything through them and save some money. Hopefully this winter will be better than last year so I can justify spending that much money on a front end.

Question.....Is the skinz seat that much lighter than stock or is all the weight savings from changing the silencer?

Just the seat ( the original taller one from SPG ) is 6-1/4# less than the OEM seat/aluminum enclosure.

My SDR under tunnel muffler is another 5-1/2# off of the sled.

12# total and it looks, sounds and functions a lot better ;)!

BTW, your old XTX is at Skinz right now being used to build the XTX/RTX Airframe Boards for the newer style tunnels :-o

He's putting the 39" Concept front end and a 2012 Mountain Tamer on it too. Gonna be a heck of a sled when all is said and done. He put our relocator, R.O.V. tether and an I.P. vent on it last year.

That's sweet. I'd like to see it so post some pics when its all done. Kinda miss that sled. Kinda regret selling it but it sounds like he's takin good care of it. That was my first yamaha sled!

PC

Let me apologize, I had no idea that your family owns a dealership. I to agree with buy local and supporting family, as family is first. I have a problem with folks who order stuff from vendors that really maintain no inventory, no shop, no store front, just internet advertising. Myself, I truly believe in the dealer network, when in place Dist to Dealer, Dealer to Customer.

Once again I apologize, and If able to figure out, I will delete by post.

Sincerely

Swelly

Howdy Poleclimber! I've been very satisfied with your old 09 XTX and the main reason I did the roadtrip from Mpls to East Jordan was because I knew it was well cared for and your dealer was family. That was a very safe bet and sure enough the sled was/is mechanically and cosmetically as good as new.

Having OFT Racing close by has also turned out to be a blessing. Scott's help and his awesome products are more than just eye candy, all of the OFT mods I've made work as advertised. After my trip west last winter I came home with a list of improvements I felt the sled needed and number one on that list was The Airframe Boards from Skinz. Of course after watching the Epic 4 part Skinz video I also had to order the Concept kit and thankfully Poleclimber had already installed the required FOX shocks.

From everything I've read on TY and elsewhere on the web, the Mountain Tamer skid is the affordable answer to the trenching woes, so I ordered the model with the FOX Floats from Timbersled thru OFT.

Those changes, along with an under tunnel exhaust kit should really make it a fun sled. I'll post some photos later this fall when I get it put together. Anyway I just wanted to thank Poleclimber & his dealer in East Jordan, Scott at OFT and Jeff & Jake at Skinz. Yer all awesome in my book!

scmurs said:
We do ship a sticker or two out with each order ( except for rivet orders ). Make sure you check the bottom of the package. I usually put them there so the stickers don't get wrinkled. ;)!

Well is that so.. Then I guess I have to talk to my "friend" ntm_08 who places our orders from you. He seems to be keeping them for himself!

Could you please put the stickers in a envelope, and mark it with "Stickers for LARS, only." when you ship out our front end kits.

:-o

phazer phreak said:
Howdy Poleclimber! I've been very satisfied with your old 09 XTX and the main reason I did the roadtrip from Mpls to East Jordan was because I knew it was well cared for and your dealer was family. That was a very safe bet and sure enough the sled was/is mechanically and cosmetically as good as new.

Having OFT Racing close by has also turned out to be a blessing. Scott's help and his awesome products are more than just eye candy, all of the OFT mods I've made work as advertised. After my trip west last winter I came home with a list of improvements I felt the sled needed and number one on that list was The Airframe Boards from Skinz. Of course after watching the Epic 4 part Skinz video I also had to order the Concept kit and thankfully Poleclimber had already installed the required FOX shocks.

From everything I've read on TY and elsewhere on the web, the Mountain Tamer skid is the affordable answer to the trenching woes, so I ordered the model with the FOX Floats from Timbersled thru OFT.

Those changes, along with an under tunnel exhaust kit should really make it a fun sled. I'll post some photos later this fall when I get it put together. Anyway I just wanted to thank Poleclimber & his dealer in East Jordan, Scott at OFT and Jeff & Jake at Skinz. Yer all awesome in my book!

Sounds like its gonna be a sweet sled. Send me some pics when your all done with it. Glad your happy with it.

John

Looks like there could be a new "turbo black" on the scene soon. Might be a cheap timbersled front end and fox shocks for sale soon.

Otis

Back