• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new track for my 2006 apex attak

northernguy10

Extreme
im thinking a bying a ice cobra 1.6 . searched on here to see if their a reason why it wont fit?
I have a zx2 rear suspension 136". what if I bought a 141" and set my suspension back would it improve off trail a little ? or just buy the 136" and enjoy. what do you think?
thanks in advance.

You can run that size lug track.
As far as going longer, you will get a better approach angle pulling back the skid. I think an Anit Stab kit would be in order for that mod.

Not to hi-jack but i'm thinking about this for my 06 rtx.
Fair deal and a good idea?

9079H Ice Ripper XT Package 9079H Ice Ripper XT Package 136x15x1.25. Includes Track, Tracks USA Rail Extensions and Tunnel Extension along with mounting hardware. $860.00

I've ridden with one person that has attended TY rides in the past from the 2stroke side (ChadG), and he's got an Ice Ripper on his sled, and It wasn't any better off trail than many other sleds, but NOBODY wanted to follow him!! They throw a ton of crap up, that's for sure.. I'm not so sure he wasn't looking to replace it with something better, but it's been a couple years since he's been to a ride.

If you're looking for more off-trail performance, and don't ride icy trails very often, The Cobra 1-3/8", or the Backcountry are both very popular. I rarely see anyone with the Ice Ripper, and can't think of anyone else that has one.

love my 136 ice ripper XT. The guys that I ride with that need tracks are puting them on when needed.

i am looking for a alternative . ripsaw suck its ether buy a new sled! but i love my apex motor
,ive change the rear suspension to a zx2 136" (best mod ever, thanks Turk) got a widener kit in front . the sled is awesome on trail,but i like to go fishing every now and then and this sled is not ??? if i change the track i don't want to remove tunnel protecters. thought the 1.6"cobra would be a great alternative and instead of buying new studs just go ice riper cobra 1.6 still be able to trail ride and go off trail a little i live in Ontario ,not the rockies..

I think your track choice would be a real good one...would put that track on mine when I need a new one but would be careful about moving your skid "back" as I have heard it can really effect the ballance and handling. As far as the length ,136,144 it all really depends on your riding ya do... best of luck!

nate007 said:
I've ridden with one person that has attended TY rides in the past from the 2stroke side (ChadG), and he's got an Ice Ripper on his sled, and It wasn't any better off trail than many other sleds, but NOBODY wanted to follow him!! They throw a ton of crap up, that's for sure.. I'm not so sure he wasn't looking to replace it with something better, but it's been a couple years since he's been to a ride.

If you're looking for more off-trail performance, and don't ride icy trails very often, The Cobra 1-3/8", or the Backcountry are both very popular. I rarely see anyone with the Ice Ripper, and can't think of anyone else that has one.
I ride trails only,sometimes a little icy.
My stock track with the 144 studs was fine for 4500 miles . Now I have some pull throughs.
Since I have to buy a track I don't want to spend the money for studs the same time ,that's why I'm thinking the way that I am.
I was thinking the 136 would give me a nicer ride ,,maybe not work the extra money though.
I been slowing down over the years and the 121 seems pretty good as it is driving more sensible ..lol.

I plan on changing the stock Ripsaw on my '07 Attak GT this summer. My 1st choice is the Cobra 1.358 lug and my second choice is the Ripsaw II. Not allot of feedback on the RSII yet, just a few trickling in. I have personally ridden a 2007 Attak of a friends for several hundred miles with the above mentioned Cobra and it works VERY good on this machine. The biggest thing is getting your skis to bite in the corners. His had SLP Powder PRo skis which seemed to work well, but not sure of the carbides he had. As for the Ice Ripper, remember this is nothing more than a Ripsaw with some small studs in bedded in the lugs. I had one for a short while on my 2 stroke Viper and thought it stunk. Did not care for it a bit.

I have a new to me this year Attak.
I don't like studded tracks.
I removed a 1 1/4 " fully studded Ripsaw that was on the sled in the off season and installed a 1 1/4" unstudded Rip saw II.
I have run every possible Camoplast track 1.6" and under[except a Cobra] on numerous sleds in the past, 144", 121",136".
IMO...
The Ripsaw II is without a doubt...the absolutely BEST unstudded TRAIL track I have ever had on a sled.
I think you are not hearing reports on Rip Saw IIs because they are so good no one wants everyone else to know!!!!

JM.02c

sideshowBob said:
I have a new to me this year Attak.
I don't like studded tracks.
I removed a 1 1/4 " fully studded Ripsaw that was on the sled in the off season and installed a 1 1/4" unstudded Rip saw II.
I have run every possible Camoplast track 1.6" and under[except a Cobra] on numerous sleds in the past, 144", 121",136".
IMO...
The Ripsaw II is without a doubt...the absolutely BEST unstudded TRAIL track I have ever had on a sled.
I think you are not hearing reports on Rip Saw IIs because they are so good no one wants everyone else to know!!!!

JM.02c

Thanks for letting the Cat out of the bag.

No pun intended now that Yamaha blue has been mixed with AC green. ;)!

Back