• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New transporter cutting out 1324 Code

14,15 and maybe 16g at sea level. 14g eliminated all my issues to date.
I took it out today , and it was unfortunately warm out so the snow was wet and heavy and it was pulling 7300 RPM and that’s at 16g so 14g should be perfect, Thanks ! I emailed ulmer to see what weight they had their website just showed weights for over revving issue , so as soon as they get back to me I’ll order them up. Just sucks having to buy parts for a brand new sled that should’ve been figured out during R&D at the factory. But I guess I’d probably be tinkering anyway to get the most out of it anyway cause that’s just how I am

Heard back from service on mine, piston has scoring and cylinder needs replacing so parts getting ordered to get back up and running for next season.

Update. Dropped the machine off to the dealer February 23rd. They called today and told me they have made some updates to my machine and would like me to try it. Apparently they made changes to the weights in the clutch and had to replace the piston. I’m anxious to get it back and try it and put some kms on it. From what I’ve read in this forum adding weight to the clutch has helped solve the problems. Fingers crossed. I hope it works. I will let you all know how I make out.

Update. Dropped the machine off to the dealer February 23rd. They called today and told me they have made some updates to my machine and would like me to try it. Apparently they made changes to the weights in the clutch and had to replace the piston. I’m anxious to get it back and try it and put some kms on it. From what I’ve read in this forum adding weight to the clutch has helped solve the problems. Fingers crossed. I hope it works. I will let you all know how I make out.
I bet you will be fine.

Well it seems what ever changes the dealer made to my machine has worked. No more code and no more cut out. Machine worked excellent all weekend. I know they changed the piston and also added weight to the clutch. I’m so pleased now.

Well it seems what ever changes the dealer made to my machine has worked. No more code and no more cut out. Machine worked excellent all weekend. I know they changed the piston and also added weight to the clutch. I’m so pleased now.
Awesome!

My venom has been running well since I got it back. It is now up to 500 miles. Have not had any 1324 codes in the 450 miles since I got it back. After motor was rebuilt dealer added weight to clutch and that has done the trick!

My venom has been running well since I got it back. It is now up to 500 miles. Have not had any 1324 codes in the 450 miles since I got it back. After motor was rebuilt dealer added weight to clutch and that has done the trick!
Thats great news. I believe I caught mine in time. I have some pics from Neighbors 800 Ctec and coating is all gone on his pistons too so I am tending to believe that wear of that coating is definitly normal since he has 3000mi and no issues. Great news Travis!

Anyone know if the clutch weights will be given closer attention in the 2022 models?
I've been waiting for the 2 up model, and it was just released! Then I found out about this 1324 code and EGR being at over 1000 degrees.
I was looking at a performance can too to save 10 lbs on the front, now wondering if that might make heat a bigger issue.

Anyone know if the clutch weights will be given closer attention in the 2022 models?
I've been waiting for the 2 up model, and it was just released! Then I found out about this 1324 code and EGR being at over 1000 degrees.
I was looking at a performance can too to save 10 lbs on the front, now wondering if that might make heat a bigger issue.
I would think they did and am hearing if current owners have a issue the dealer will take care of it.

I would think they did and am hearing if current owners have a issue the dealer will take care of it.

They rebuilt my sled at 160kms. Still throwing the p1324 code. Been at the dealer for 3 weeks now. Has been at the dealer more this season then with me.

I am still with out my sled. The warranty will be up before I get a chance to see if they actually fixed the problem.

no compensation

no extended warranty

Can’t say I feel taken care of.

Sincerely hope those of you who've had negative issues with your Venoms are taken care of by your dealers so you can enjoy your sleds. Pretty sure mine has flashed this same code a couple times ? Came and went too fast for me to stop and read the exact number ? So far mine hasn't quit running or made me walk. Was some sputtering and bucking a couple times though. Wasn't impressed for sure. In this day and age I've come to realize that product quality and customer service simply aren't what they once were. That my Venom wasn't perfect didn't surprise me. Doesn't excuse the issues nor do I minimize the headaches/heartaches some of you have experienced. I do however really like my Venom and am happy to have it. Fortunately mine will be under warranty for the coming winter if there are future issues. Bought mine late season in February. Don't think mines ever hit a rev limiter ? When the sputtering happened the exhaust note sounded odd and there was a noise that made me think the exhaust power valve was fluttering ? My brother riding alongside thought the same thing. Mine does go past 7,600, maybe 7,800 but never sputters when it does. Acts fine. Wonder if there's a harmonic or vibration oddity at a certain rpm that fools the knock sensor to tell the ecu to pull timing back which in turn causes the ecu to adjust the exhaust power valve as a secondary action ? The times mine sputtered and the code flashed it wasn't up on any rev limiter and the exhaust note got strange. Like upon startup it appears to be open as the exhaust note pops pretty loud then gets quieter. It got loud/quiet/loud for just a second or two and sputtered. A couple other observations with mine. If it sits a week it simply won't start the first time I key the electric starter ? Can crank it for many seconds but doesn't start. After seeing this I key the starter for a second or so and stop. Key it a second time and pops right off and idles. Also hasn't ever started in one pull of the recoil. Always two. Could be the stator has to energize the ecu and efi on the first pull ? Then with that done it fires on the second ? Just my experience. Did notice the exhaust temp usually reads quite high on the display when I'm anything off idle. Just assumed it was like many measuring devices in todays world that don't read terribly accurate ? Were the temp really that high I'd surely have put a hole in the piston dome by now ? Or some code would have at least flashed on the display ? I struggle to ride my Venom without pinning the throttle at every opportunity. It's just fun and has such great power I do it. The engine is a little fire breather in my opinion. Mine appears to inject plenty of oil. Smokes plenty while it warms up. Never been smoky while riding after it's up to temp though. The way I ride it the low oil light comes on when I'm down to a bit over 1/4 tank of fuel. It'll go 180 miles by then. Fuel economy is great and I think it has a 200 mile range or more if driven sensibly. Hope those of you with issues can get them remedied and enjoy riding this coming season.

I came across this thread because my 2022 transporter lite has given me 2 P1324 codes the last times out. Both times I was towing a sleigh in a up hill and low rpm, its possible the clutch weights is the culprit. Turned it off, restart and fine. Not sure how serious i should take this, maybe in my case, the sensor actually worked as its supposed to.

When I got the codes it was due to over revving and light weights. I would think your codes at midrev would due to vibration or actual detonation. I’d probably try fresh premium fuel or octane booster and try and duplicate conditions and see what happens. I had issues with weak springs on the muffler. If it has slipped out of place and is making contact with the frame could trigger the the knock light

Brent

I looked it over today and the chain case side of the sled, the motor had oil on it. Brand new sled with 800kms. I noticed the valve cover that has 2 screws, one was missing. Took all the hood and sides off and found the screw on the bottom of the pan. Put it back in with some blue locktight. Wonder if that caused my code?

Back