• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New transporter cutting out 1324 Code

Mine is still at the dealer. After making a comment on ever post Yamaha made on social media for the last 10 days I received a Message from Yamaha Canada with this email address

YamahaCustomerRelations@yamaha-motor.ca

If you are having trouble getting through to an actual employees voicemail just use google to find some Yamaha employees name maybe an area service rep or the president whomever you would like to speak to and then input that name into the dial by name directory. voila! employees voicemail!

It just boggles me that Cat still is having problems manufacturing clutches. I mean why not throw a damn PZ clutch on the thing and call it a day.

I started my Bravo yesterday, in -20 weather, after it sat for 2 months, two pulls and walk away.

Just venting here a bit. I was so excited initially to see the 400s as a successor to those small displacement fan cooled sleds that Yamaha excelled at. But then I saw the team clutches, and the crappy warranty. No stock bumper. Codes, blown motors. What a gong show!

Got the call today that mine is fixed. Picking it up tomorrow. Dealer advised that Yamaha sent parts to address the clutching. Will report back once i get the full scoop.

on another note i had called in to customer service to start a case last week. They are going to offer me an additional year of warranty since i missed half season due to late delivery and downtime from motor failure.

That’s great to hear they got your sled up and running. And that they are offering you extra warranty. I ended up putting weights in. Each plug is 14.4grams. Run it pretty hard today and it ran great. 22 hrs 320ish miles. On a hard pull it hits and stays at 7700rpm and stay there in deep snow on the lake 54 mph on hard pack it’ll climb to 7850 rpm at 63mph. Never cut out once on the 35 mile run. Pretty happy. Mind you it’s got the race gas mix it still.

Travis if you could maybe find out what weight they put in yours and how it run and report back to us

Good luck

Similar issue with my Venom 121 track. I’m new to sleds and only tried groomed trails. Purchased around month ago wouldn’t go over 18mph without cutting out. Took it back to dealer and installed new fuel injector which Yamaha sent out fast which was great. Dealer said Yamaha must know about these issues because they instantly had part # for him and immediately sent it.

Rode for first time today since fix and ran much much better, instead of cutting out at 18 mph, it would cut out around 50 mph. Thought to myself, self I can deal with that for remainder of season at least.

Then couple hours into ride got utc 1324 and it died on me when I was going about 40 mph. Did a couple pull starts then turned key and it barely started back up enough to only get 50 yards closer to truck then died for good.

Luckily guy towed it for me to trailer and couple more guys helped me get it up and on. Back to service dept next week unfortunately.

Really hard to break in a sled properly when it doesn’t work from the get go. At least I could vary the speeds today before it died for good. Hope the engines ok.

I've been lurking on these Venom/Blast/Transporter Lite posts for a while but hadn't checked in recently. It's not looking good for Yamaha or Cat, or their dealers as there seems to be little appetite to quickly resolve this issue. I had been looking at these machines as a sign that I could finally buy a new machine that would scratch the itch the same way that my old Enticer does but after reading so many bad reports I guess I'll go back to riding and maintaining a 43 year old machine that doesn't throw codes and the throttle can be held wide open all day long.

I've been lurking on these Venom/Blast/Transporter Lite posts for a while but hadn't checked in recently. It's not looking good for Yamaha or Cat, or their dealers as there seems to be little appetite to quickly resolve this issue. I had been looking at these machines as a sign that I could finally buy a new machine that would scratch the itch the same way that my old Enticer does but after reading so many bad reports I guess I'll go back to riding and maintaining a 43 year old machine that doesn't throw codes and the throttle can be held wide open all day long.
Can’t say I blame you but it sure seems to be a simple clutching issue causing most of the issues. Worrisome since factory is silent but the sled is just so much fun! Maybe just be patient and keep open mind.

Can’t say I blame you but it sure seems to be a simple clutching issue causing most of the issues. Worrisome since factory is silent but the sled is just so much fun! Maybe just be patient and keep open mind.
I don't think I could be as patient as you, or resourceful in solving the problem. My whole motivation to buy a new machine is entirely so I don't have to work on it as much as I have been. One would think that once the problems started to develop- especially engine replacements- that Cat and Yamaha would jump on solving the issues on a first model year machine. Would the situation be different if this was Yamaha's engineering and manufacturing behind the project? Who knows, but the silence is telling. It's a sad state of affairs for the manufacturers involved when users on a forum can out-do the engineering department!

I'm used to riding and wrenching- I just don't want to have to do it on a brand new machine. Maybe they'll have the issues sorted out on the next run, and I'll buy one next year, but I can't say that I'm as excited about these sleds anymore.

I don't think I could be as patient as you, or resourceful in solving the problem. My whole motivation to buy a new machine is entirely so I don't have to work on it as much as I have been. One would think that once the problems started to develop- especially engine replacements- that Cat and Yamaha would jump on solving the issues on a first model year machine. Would the situation be different if this was Yamaha's engineering and manufacturing behind the project? Who knows, but the silence is telling. It's a sad state of affairs for the manufacturers involved when users on a forum can out-do the engineering department!

I'm used to riding and wrenching- I just don't want to have to do it on a brand new machine. Maybe they'll have the issues sorted out on the next run, and I'll buy one next year, but I can't say that I'm as excited about these sleds anymore.
Very well stated. If some direction came from Yamaha or Cat it sure would feel better.

I am also having the same issue with the Transporter Lite throwing the P1324 code

It cut out and would not start for me then started a hour later. does this mean I have done some engine damage? should I pull the exhaust manifold and check the piston?

I am in contact with my dealer and have put a call into Yamaha Canada

Thanks everyone for all the info in this thread!
I just purchased as SX Venom Mountain, and had the same issue within the first 20 miles. Upon some research, and talking with multiple shops (that I trust) and Yamaha customer service, I found that these sleds are producing more HP than was intended. So the clutch weighting is light. There is supposed to be a bulletin put out soon and a parts kit to fix it. As for now 16g is the weight that is needed. I know this may sound crazy, but pennies are 2.5 g the factory weights are 11.6g . Pop out the factory weights put 2 pennies in each weight bucket and reinstall the weights. Just did it and went and put 5 miles on it with varying RPM’s. No code and pulling at 7600 RPM on the top. Which over revving is the issue with too light of weights causing the knock sensor code P1324 .Hope this helps anyone experiencing this issue.

I just purchased as SX Venom Mountain, and had the same issue within the first 20 miles. Upon some research, and talking with multiple shops (that I trust) and Yamaha customer service, I found that these sleds are producing more HP than was intended. So the clutch weighting is light. There is supposed to be a bulletin put out soon and a parts kit to fix it. As for now 16g is the weight that is needed. I know this may sound crazy, but pennies are 2.5 g the factory weights are 11.6g . Pop out the factory weights put 2 pennies in each weight bucket and reinstall the weights. Just did it and went and put 5 miles on it with varying RPM’s. No code and pulling at 7600 RPM on the top. Which over revving is the issue with too light of weights causing the knock sensor code P1324 .Hope this helps anyone experiencing this issue.
Pennies do not fit the pockets tightly so I would never recommend them for in a clutch spinning 7000+ rpm. Yamaha and Cat need to get off their butt and release a bulletin and kit along with extended warranty to cover our motors if damaged from their incompetency. I do appreciate your post though. Sorry but this is inexcusable.

Pennies do not fit the pockets tightly so I would never recommend them for in a clutch spinning 7000+ rpm. Yamaha and Cat need to get off their butt and release a bulletin and kit along with extended warranty to cover our motors if damaged from their incompetency. I do appreciate your post though. Sorry but this is inexcusable.
I agree it needs a factory fix for an $8500 machine! Just want my daughter to be able to enjoy it for the short season we have until YamaCat gets their s$*# together

I agree it needs a factory fix for an $8500 machine! Just want my daughter to be able to enjoy it for the short season we have until YamaCat gets their s$*# together
CV tech might have correct weights in stock now. Ulmer racing did also. Clutches can be deadly. Use right parts.

Back