• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Yamaha SXS with 3 Cylinder motor....

Word on the street from a dealer I know says that they will be unveiling it at Hay Days on Friday to the dealers. FYI....the event doesn't open to the public until Saturday at 7:00am.

Dawn of a New ERA on youtube. My dealer posted it a few days ago.

All-New Three-Cylinder, 998cc Side-by-Side Engine

The YXZ1000R’s 3-cylinder, 12-valve, DOHC, liquid cooled, 998cc engine puts out the most reliable and durable power of any 1,000cc-class machine. As the industry’s first sport 3-cylinder engine, it boasts an aggressive 11.3:1 compression ratio and 10,500 RPM redline to provide a true sport SxS experience.

10500 rpm?!!! Could this be the new engine for the Viper (with gear reduction) in the future?

Any chance they will have one of these at Hay Days?

This came in my email just before the announcement today.

Meet us at the Hay Days Grass Drag!

Stop by the Yamaha display to see the line-up of all new Snowmobiles, ATV's, Side by Side's, and Motorcycles. This will be one of the first public displays of an exciting new Side by Side model introduced on Sept 1st!

Free demo rides on select ATV's and Side by Side's will also be available! Get the full details at Sno Baron's Hay Days.

For the complete 2016 Yamaha Snowmobile line-up, go to the Yamaha Snowmobiles website.

HayDays2015_main.jpg

I am hearing rumors of it being 116-125hp. Or at least that is what the jokers on the RZR forum were speculating before it's release. I'm amazed they didn't use the Apex motor since everyone is snatching up those motors for their RZR's. Maybe a turbo version is in the works, or it's just being left open for MPI and the others to do their magic.

All I know is $20,000 is getting a bit on the stupid side for pricing. I know it's a progression from previous years and models, but wow! I can't wait to see it at Haydays. I would crap if one was in the test ride arena. I would call ahead to put my name on the list!!!

The video featuring info on the transmission makes the sequential shifting seem like the type you'd find on most sport bikes. They even say a Rekluse auto clutch is available (optional at extra cost maybe?), which makes me think the tranny is more like that of a clutch basket on a sport bike, but separated from the engine. Rekluse clutches are proven to be plenty durable, and don't require a lot of adjustment as long as you don't attempt start moving from the higher gears. But you still have to shift gears, even though it's possible to do it without using the clutch lever (or in this case clutch pedal). It looks like a ton of fun. You can tell Yamaha put some thought into this one.

Back