• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Yamahas...

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
I was looking into a few things and noticed that Apex ER is the flag ship....has a taller windshield and is only $600 more then the 05 ER that I have......thats a great price for all the perks of a efi motor, light weight chassis and rider forward....

All I have to say is I will have a new sled this year !!!!! :Rockon:

Also, I heard that the website pics are not quite right....the seat is much more refined for the shows and production...

Tom, you're correct! Fuel injection, lighter chassis, rider forward, easier to remove side panels for better access to the engine compartment, and 8 more hp for only $600, that's a pretty cheap upgrade!

I am looking towards the new attack. Just wish it had the fox floats up front. Possible upgrade maybe. I love the new sleds just the seat will take some getting used 2.

ya, the GT is a great buy....I would also like an Attak with remote adjustable on the front......but that could be a great upgrade ;)!

What's with the claimed 8 hp more?

Up until yesterday at 3:00 PM, the 05 RX-1 was listed with 145 hp.

Now the web site is stating 150 hp, although I've also read 149 hp in a few places.

By my math that is 4-5 hp more claimed hp.

Notice they talk about 150hp "class" performance:

Genesisâ„¢ 150FI
The all-new Genesisâ„¢ 150FI engine is an all-new design intended to increase power and reduce weight. It cranks out about eight additional horsepower, to hit 150hp class performance. The unique fuel injection system also delivers quicker, crisper throttle response and as a bonus it runs significantly cleaner than any snowmobile engine on the market today. It also weighs 7 pounds less than the Genesisâ„¢ Extreme!

Unfortunately, the insurance racket doesn't see it that way.

A 120 HP, 4-stroke 998cc sled is still the same as a 150 HP 998cc when it comes to insuring them. In the same respects, a 120 HP 600cc 2-stroke is cheaper to insure.

I doubt they will ever take this into consideration.

LazyBastard said:
Thats so they don't get lumped in with "1000 cc class", which would equate it to the likes of thundercat and machz, both of which are bigger on the ponies.

And for insurance reasons too I believe. They want to go with HP ratings rather than cc. That way for example a Vector rider wont have to pay more than a competitors 600cc rate.

1Gunner said:
In Canada:

Apex GT $14,999. PLUS tax!!

that's like .....$17,250.00 before accessories..here in Ontario!! :shock:

I better start saving now!

For the American guys that ($17250) works out to $13,785.66 US OTD. I would be buying in the US if I were buying new. Costs $180 to bring it over.

Did a bit of math...$15886.85 is what you would pay in $CDN to bring the same sled across the border (this includes border fees and all taxes).

Simich said:
1Gunner said:
In Canada:

Apex GT $14,999. PLUS tax!!

that's like .....$17,250.00 before accessories..here in Ontario!! :shock:

I better start saving now!

For the American guys that ($17250) works out to $13,785.66 US OTD. I would be buying in the US if I were buying new. Costs $180 to bring it over.

On your savings...good luck getting any warrantee coverage in Canada.

Back