• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Next 5 Years...

I forgot in the last post, if the 900 weighs in with its 1200 cc brother it will be at least 15 lbs. lighter than the Viper. That is a hugh difference compared to those heavy Yamahas.

I won't be holding my breath...too often left underwhelmed with Yamaha's offerings on release date. I'm getting close to jumping ship and getting a Skidoo Renegade ACE 900.[/quote]

I test rode the Skidoo Renegade 900 Ace twice during the demo ride in Old Forge, NY and my first reaction was "This will be my next sled". After reading about chassis issues with the Xp/Xs doos and my own Skidoo Rev with a tweaked bulkhead accident, I'll wait for the Yamaha model. However , I think the Ace 900 has the right combination of power, handeling, and performance for most trail riders. I hope Yamaha will introduce this sled in the near future. I guess I can ride my 08 Phazer I've already owned for 5 seasons for another couple of more years.

ChasRtx08

I hear BRP is offering a gallon of Koolaide with each sled for snowcheck. A ninety horse 900 cc weakling what does that buy you? Oh boy, Skidoo claim of fifteen pounds lighter. Or is that just more internet hearsay and I heard it in a bar from a Skidoo guy. Well I picked up a new Skidoo 1200 at Syracuse and it feels around the same as the Viper. Real scientific experiment right back at you. :yam:

Nytros rule said:
I think Grimm got it right.
All this talk of Yamaha and Cat getting together and building sleds is "much to do about nothing".
The really BIG news in the snowmobile industry is the new 900 ACE, it is 90 HP an amazing 10 HP more than the 500 CC Phazer and gets 23.3 MPG that is at least 1.5 MPG better than 40 HP more Vector. That is probablly the direction all the people that have snowchecked a new 45 or so HP more and 2 or so MPG less Viper should have gone.

yur sarcasm is primo....LOL

DOO builds a great "big block" truck engine with low HP to CC ratio.

snoway said:
Nytros rule said:
I think Grimm got it right.
All this talk of Yamaha and Cat getting together and building sleds is "much to do about nothing".
The really BIG news in the snowmobile industry is the new 900 ACE, it is 90 HP an amazing 10 HP more than the 500 CC Phazer and gets 23.3 MPG that is at least 1.5 MPG better than 40 HP more Vector. That is probablly the direction all the people that have snowchecked a new 45 or so HP more and 2 or so MPG less Viper should have gone.

yur sarcasm is primo....LOL

DOO builds a great "big block" truck engine with low HP to CC ratio.

Dont' forget about the great gas-mileage!

Man I really hope this is the truth!!

To me it would have been enough if they had dropped the ""SR Viper " and instead told us this on the release date.. .

I put my trust in good old Yamaha.

As soon as I can get a NA 170+ HP four cylinder or better yet an even higher HP boosted 3 or 4 cylinder in a good chassis (like the Viper) from Yamaha I will be a buyer.

I test drove the Viper and I loved the chassis but was underwelmed by the lame power compared to my Apex.

x2 Blue Dave
200HP N/A and 120+ft/lbs in a Viper with a complete Yamaha drive train. Chaincase, drive axle, everything.
I too was not overly impressed with Viper but, it's a good first small step in the right direction. The NEXT5 need to be better to pull me off the Apex. Cheers.

Next time one of you guys talk to a yamaha rep ask him when they are going to come out with a RZR style Rhino!! I have been waiting

dylanjen9 said:
Next time one of you guys talk to a yamaha rep ask him when they are going to come out with a RZR style Rhino!! I have been waiting

They owned the SxS business in 2004 with the Rhyno.... 5 years latter nothing new but the RZR comes and kicks some #*$&@...now WildCat, Maverick, RZR XP and a 10 year old Yamaha LMFAO....

Back