• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No more tunnel icing!!!

There's also "snow plow wax". Road departments spray it on their snow plow blades. It works good on road signs too.

Ewwww, that is going to make a mess!
Graphite...black...mess.

scott32 said:
http://www.slipplate.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=4

This is what I will be sprayng on the underside of my tunnel. My best educated guess is, with no snow build up the nytro will run much cooler as the snow will now reach the front heat exchanger for cooling!!
you can try it,we use this stuff on farm machinary all the time,make sure what you are spraying it on is clean and dry,it's messy crap,we've used it on blades and snow buckets without much success.

cut the tunnel protector bars out from the tunnel if youve got no studs. my apex xtx has virtually no ice anymore due to the rear heat exchanger helping out. 100 percent improvement over my old attak

tunnel wax

you could use the wax made to go on the end of fresh cut logs I have used it on snow buckets with great luck snow slips right out.

Are guys still getting icing? My Nytro now ices less then any sled I have owned.

thetruck454 said:
I have the tunnel protectors out and I still have huge chunks of ice under the tunnel

do you have a block off plate??

No I don't. I do enough spring riding that I think the exhaust needs to be cooled by that snow. A block-off may work for most of the riders out there, but I currently don't want to risk it.

thetruck454 said:
No I don't. I do enough spring riding that I think the exhaust needs to be cooled by that snow. A block-off may work for most of the riders out there, but I currently don't want to risk it.

Well the block off plate is the key to stopping the icing. I have 2000 miles with a block off plate in all conditions and no heat issues. ...however I am not using stock exhaust.

Where did you get this stuff?
What retailers would carry it (I am in Ontario, Canada)
Does it spray clear, or does it spray on like grease?
Thanks
MS

Back