• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Non turbo viper top speed!

View attachment 114509 View attachment 114510

Hey Rylan! :)

Nice 101 there bud!

Wish we would have had more time in Colorado together, I would have pulled my clutches off for you to try.

Best on dream meter was 108mph with a blip of 110mph with 21/41 gearing on extreme hardpack snow last season. Otherwise 102-105mph was the norm on so-so conditions.

Asphalt racing was a best of 115mph with 22/40 gearing, but my quickest timeslip is pictured.

Airbox mod, EVO Header, muffler, EVO Performance flash Stage 4, Thunder Products Big Venom clutch kit, Gates carbon fiber belt (4C4340) and machined clutches (myself).

Have not tried the EVO performance flash on trail yet, but my goal is to see 114-115 on trail
Thanks! And yeah would have been a good test! I plan on ordering osp weight s and Spring as well as thunder product shims, I'm very impressed with 101 as the road was shitty, lakes are almost good to test though!!

I think I can get a bit more out of it on better conditions and longer stretch, that was about just over 1/4 mile!

I'm happy with it for now as dads turbo with gearing was only 108!

I saw 105 mph on ice and snow covered gravel road on my 2014 ltx se. 2400 miles. 4 wheel kit extra wheels up front. Air box mod 8dn belt osp adjuster COTC 4.5 grams in tip 4mm shims 45/41 helix mbrp trail can. All updates done.
Well today I made forward progress. Had 21/41 gears and chain installed thanks to Yamadog. Great guy and very generous. I went out to my testing road. Hard packed with ice and a dusting of snow from last night 24 temp. Had a 10 mph wind out of the south. Into the wind I could pull 101 mph on a flat level road. It didn't take near as long to get to 95. With the wind I was able to pull 106 mph and hold 105 constant. This was a level road and before I was on a road that had a slight downhill grade to blink 105 in a long stretch. It still pulls awesome in the snow from a dead stop so I feel I didn't loose to much bottom end. I was see 9100 rpms so for now I am leaving my clutching alone. I did switch back to the Gates 8jp equivalent and it seemed to pull harder. More grip. I don't know if there would be more gains by switching back to the 8dn or not. I still don't have full shift out on the primary. 3/8 to 1/2 inch. I will be headed for a day trip Sunday so will see what it does with snow covered trails. Overall I am very happy with the gear change for a non turbo sled

Well today I made forward progress. Had 21/41 gears and chain installed thanks to Yamadog. Great guy and very generous. I went out to my testing road. Hard packed with ice and a dusting of snow from last night 24 temp. Had a 10 mph wind out of the south. Into the wind I could pull 101 mph on a flat level road. It didn't take near as long to get to 95. With the wind I was able to pull 106 mph and hold 105 constant. This was a level road and before I was on a road that had a slight downhill grade to blink 105 in a long stretch. It still pulls awesome in the snow from a dead stop so I feel I didn't loose to much bottom end. I was see 9100 rpms so for now I am leaving my clutching alone. I did switch back to the Gates 8jp equivalent and it seemed to pull harder. More grip. I don't know if there would be more gains by switching back to the 8dn or not. I still don't have full shift out on the primary. 3/8 to 1/2 inch. I will be headed for a day trip Sunday so will see what it does with snow covered trails. Overall I am very happy with the gear change for a non turbo sled

That's awesome to hear! Though the 3 cylinder isn't a super high hp sled it should still be very capable with pulling that taller gearing all day.

End of 2014 -> 105 MPH on an icy railroad bed - 2014 XTX, no upgrades
This weekend -> 102 MPH on a hard, snowy railroad bed (same sled, new carbides, smaller windshield)

94 or 95. '15 RTX-SE all stock with the exception of a fourth kit. This was on a hard pack lake.

Cannondale are running stock helix and stock spring and what wrap is your spring?

Generous maybe but great guy???? not so much HaHa

Glad to hear you got them in and it made an improvement!!! My XTX last year with the turbo running those gears would only do 110 on ice so 106 on a N/A motor is fantastic in my opinion. With a little fine tuning I can see you hitting 110. Keep your head down and maybe some vasoline on the hood for reduced resistance.

I am going lower the front end by letting air out of shocks than the vasoline trick. Ha ha thanks

just a question.....is the pitch on the track 2.86"? - I was reading about guys with 800 cats switching to 10 tooth drivers and 2.52 pitched tracks and seeing better top speeds.....just wondering if anyone has tried that

Well its a lot cheaper for a set of gears than a drivers and a new track makes no sense unless changing track anyway

Back