• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nos cost

Ingolf

Veteran
how much would it cost to fill a standard nos bottle?

and how many good blasts can you get out of a bottle?

where would you get it filled? thanks

NOS-PRO knows alot about this, but i believe he said it is only a few dollars to fill a small tank (maybe 2.5 lb) and you can get between 10-20 shots.

:Rockon:

Depends on where you get your nitrous. Some places can get you for 4.00-5.00 per pound, which for a 2.5 lbs. bottle, will cost 12.50 at most. I get mine for 3.75-4.00 a lbs. which is a very good deal. Just have to check around.

Terry, mabey next year when you come to Manitoba for the ride, why don't you bring a NOS Kit along to put in my sled. You seem to know what your doing here & I want someone with experience to install. Yes you will get a few nights "FREE ACCOMIDATIONS" where ever we ride to, & even a few free meals to go with it, just for giving me a hand. PM me if you like. AFTER WHAT I SAW, I AM INTERESTED! ;)!

BVER FEVER said:
AFTER WHAT I SAW, I AM INTERESTED![/b] ;)!

Hey money bags that's not nice only putting Nos on one sled, how about the wifes too ;)!

I used to get it for $8.00 LB here

YOU BETTER BUY A REFILLING TANK,I got a feeling your going to go through a lot of Nos :D

Is NOS a good power adder for trail use ? I think ultimately a turbo or supercherger is better performance wise, but prices are a bit steep. I'm just wondering if NOS we will be good for some drag racing, in the trails every now or then or if it's mostly best for mountain use....

APEXGT2006 - It works great for trail also. I have been on trails with my nitrous, and have used it on many straights, then, don't use it when going into the woods. That's why i like it, you can use it anytime you need it. A turbo can be used, but it is on all of the time, (producing pressure), even in the woods. I like to boondock sometimes, and just like the point of having a stocker, then a monster at a touch of a button.

NOS-PRO said:
APEXGT2006 - It works great for trail also. I have been on trails with my nitrous, and have used it on many straights, then, don't use it when going into the woods. That's why i like it, you can use it anytime you need it. A turbo can be used, but it is on all of the time, (producing pressure), even in the woods. I like to boondock sometimes, and just like the point of having a stocker, then a monster at a touch of a button.
Terry,are you running NOS 12 hp per hole,if so for trail usage did you find adding extra weight to the clutch for the nos a pain in #*$&@ when not on the juice,does it dog it down much w/out using the button??? ;)!

snowbeast - I was running 12 per cylinder, but raised it to 15, and will be trying 20 on the asphalt. I have mine clutched at 9,800 without, and the clutching works great. When on the juice it climbs to 10,600. I will be trying 10,000 at the track this year, and see if it gets a little closer to 10,800 on the bottle.

NOS-PRO said:
snowbeast - I was running 12 per cylinder, but raised it to 15, and will be trying 20 on the asphalt. I have mine clutched at 9,800 without, and the clutching works great. When on the juice it climbs to 10,600. I will be trying 10,000 at the track this year, and see if it gets a little closer to 10,800 on the bottle.
Thanks for the info terry,what do you recommend for the new apex for agressive trail riding,you mentioned a new kind that does not require a heater,that would be way cool,and i would like at least 12 per hole kit,if i am to do it,now the new motor in the apex revs to 10,500 stock so i wonder where we should shoot for in the trails,as far as rpms go,and what will a complete kit cost me to do it myself for 12 hp per hole,thanks. Pete ;)!

Back