• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NY ride #2

RX-1MAN

Lifetime Member
Looking to plan a ride out of Marathon for February. If conditions aren't good here we'll hold it in western NY near Honk. I'm thinking President's weekend, probably do 2/18-2/21. Everyone check their calendars and let's see what dates work for the masses. I'm know I'll have to work either the first or second weekend that month. Will be able to find out for sure probably this coming week.

The dates I threw out aren't cast in stone. Everyone post what dates are best for them and we'll try and get something set up for the majority.

If I could go I would say it would have to be possibly last weekend in feb or first weekend in march. But don't change it for me. If I can go when you guys do it ill join!!

Whatever is good for the rest will be good for me. Makin it work! I just wanna ride!

Looks like I'll have to work either the last weekend in Feb. or first in March. Any of the first three weekends in Feb. would be good for me. Anyone who plans on making this ride please post what your preference would be, if any. Would like to finalize a date by end of Jan. so we can start making our time off requests(except Honk and BBW) LOL.

That weekend I can do the 19th and 20th (not 18th). The following weekend is also good for me. Can do the Friday-Sunday. But the already planned weekend dates work for me.

3 Bear Inn the home base? Have any ice fishing tourneys or other activities we'd have to worry about getting reservations at 3 Bear?

NY AttakGT said:
That weekend I can do the 19th and 20th (not 18th). The following weekend is also good for me. Can do the Friday-Sunday. But the already planned weekend dates work for me.

3 Bear Inn the home base? Have any ice fishing tourneys or other activities we'd have to worry about getting reservations at 3 Bear?

Three Bear will be home base. Nothing going on I'm aware of, not a lot happens here in Marathon. Crappie Derby in Whitney Point is Jan. 29. Marathon snowmobile grass drags are the 30th. I revised my original post to show ride concluding end of day on 2/21 which is President's day. Some of us are lucky enough to get that as a paid holiday ;)!

If ride is going on then im afraid ill be in new hampshire boys and girls. Have a great ride if i cant make it! Dont do anything i wouldnt do, make sure to check your nuts before you ride!! :)

I should be able to get the time off any of those weekends... although I may be selling my sled, so Im playing it by ear... If I do sell her I will come along anyways, Dan is bound to lose a nut along the way and end up sitting at the bar somewhere! lol, he'll need company.

Four of us rode 114 miles Sunday and 90% of the trails were mint. All area clubs have groomed. A few sections in some woods were getting thin but more snow coming this week! As long as we don't have any major warm ups we should be good to go for the ride taking place out of Marathon.

Here's a link to Three Bear if anyone wants to book lodging.
http://threebearinn.com/

Back