• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NY ride #2

10 AM on Friday sounds good to me. Will be booking my room soon. Just got back from 5 days in Old Forge. Conditions were fair to good the first couple of days, but after the 10" Tuesday, and Wed morning, the conditions were good to excellent. Dave, did you get mostly sleet down your way last Tuesday night and early Wed. Morning?

Forgot to mention in previous post that I will be riding some new Iron for the Marathon ride. I bought myself a retirement present, one of those new fangled Apex SE machines. See everyone in a couple weeks.

Last Tue/Wed we got some sleet and about 6" snow. I just got home from a 158 mile ride. All area trails are groomed and SWEET. Rode in snow, sleet, freezing rain, rain and FOG! Glad I'm wearing Goretex this year ;)! Tomorrow Viperman, Airmech and I are going to Solon for pancake breakfast and then a ride. They want to be back to truck by 4, something about a football game :Rockon:

Can't wait to see your new iron Gordon.

Hey gordon, i passed you in old forge yesterday. think you were riding with couple other guys, i saw a nytro in the group.

Was cool too see ya out on the trails, even though the rest of your group was passing people around a corner...lol

Dan, That was the New Hampshire group. We stayed in old Forge for a week. Got to get by the slow pokes some how. But even I would not pass in a corner. They were probably afraid they would lose me. One guy was on a 2009 Nytro. The others were on a Rev, and an older Formula III.

Nice, yea i saw you and the nytro, couple of them were side by side with a couple other guys, good thing the trails are wide there lol. Speaking of new hampshire, ill be going there feb 16th, cant wait!! they have been getting pounded with snow and they say trails are best they have ever been. Have fun at the marathon ride guys!!!

For those that haven't done so you should get your room booked. Sign at Three Bear said no vacancy today when I went by. Since we have good snow the area motels tend to fill up with skiers at times. Next closest motel is 15 miles away in Polkville.

Unless we get several days of very warm weather and a lot of rain we should be in great shape. We had quite a bit of rain last Saturday but the trails were still great Sunday. Just got another 6" or more of wet snow last night. Both of Seven Vallley Snow goers groomers broke down but they should be back up this week. Marathon groomers are still running strong!

BIG BLACK WARRIOR said:
Forgot to mention in previous post that I will be riding some new Iron for the Marathon ride. I bought myself a retirement present, one of those new fangled Apex SE machines. See everyone in a couple weeks.

Gordon, did you get the black one and will your new name be BIG BLACK APEX ;)!

Had an excellent ride Sunday the 6th with RX-1Man and Airmech. Logged 150 miles in and around Marathon. Best trails I've seen all year and stoked about riding them again soon with the clan. Anyone who attends this ride will be glad they did!

:yam:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 97
Dave, Yes I got the Black one. I was never fond of the Blue Yami's. That is funny though, because blue is my favorite color. I should change my name to Big Black Apex, Maybe I'll shorten it to BBA.

BIG BLACK WARRIOR said:
Dave, Yes I got the Black one. I was never fond of the Blue Yami's. That is funny though, because blue is my favorite color. I should change my name to Big Black Apex, Maybe I'll shorten it to BBA.

I like blue too but you just get sick of everything being blue after awhile.

Hey, you could put some monster energy stickers on that black sled. I remember another guy doing that once and it didn't look too bad :hide:

Back