• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NY ride #2

Dave, Are the dates 2/18-2/21 now set in stone? Should definitly decide on the dates in case people have to get time off from work. Guess I don't have to worry about that. LOL!

Count me in for the 18th, 19th and 20th. No TY ride would be complete without full representation and at least 1 Phazer to embarrass the riders on the bigger, faster sleds. I don't need no stinkin' phallic symbol! Inferiority complex does not exist in my vocabulary........lol!

:die

RX-1MAN said:
What, there was a Phazer ridng with us last time? :tg:

I do recall being stuck behind something that sounded like a four wheeler maxed out at 80mph going down the power lines... other than that I think he was glued to BBW's taillight, lol

I think he was glued to BBW's taillight, lol[/quote.
You were not glued the whole time Dusty, I recall you being tipped over on a sharp corner, although it could have been strecthy glue??????????????????????????????

Honk said:
I think he was glued to BBW's taillight, lol

You were not glued the whole time Dusty, I recall you being tipped over on a sharp corner, although it could have been strecthy glue??????????????????????????????

Must have been Chinese glue... works until temps reach -10*F... lol

Did 168 miles today, some of it was trail maintenance work around Marathon. Trail systems east and north of me were freaking awesome! West of me a lot of sled traffic is causing the woods to get thin. Looks like another coastal system may be coming mid week but once again were gonna miss out on the big snow it appears. Hopefully we get more than a dusting out of it.

I look forward to this ride. I was approved to be off from work today for these dates. Thank you RX-1MAN for the ride the other weekend in Marathon. I get the sense that people responsible for the trails in your area take alot of pride in maintaining them. I would be interested in finding someone to split the costs on a room. Any newcomers would be welcome. PM me if interested. At this writing, snow conditions look to be very good.

Glad you enjoyed yourself Dave. If anyone wants to sample the trails in my area I will be riding 2/5 and 2/6. Probably will be riding to a pancake breakfast in am 2/6. Would be riding 2/4 also but taking my sled trailer to a friends so we can go get his new bike he bought in Rochester.

Dave, Gonna have to miss your ride. The conditions are just to good to leave WNY. Our trails have not been this good in 10 years, and thats not even taking account of the awsome snow load this year. Theres places with banks of snow over my head.Thats some good snow, and it will be here for a good long time. So have fun! see you guys next year! Honk

Honk said:
Dave, Gonna have to miss your ride. The conditions are just to good to leave WNY. Our trails have not been this good in 10 years, and thats not even taking account of the awsome snow load this year. Theres places with banks of snow over my head.Thats some good snow, and it will be here for a good long time. So have fun! see you guys next year! Honk

Well Mark, if you get sick of riding the same trails you can still come on over!

So is everyone in agreement that as usual our first day will start at 10 am and the others will be 9?

Back