• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nyrto float plate

I also have a skinz. i bought it to add flotation and it does a good job. I also really like the looks.. I would not recommend it to anyone who cant melt down their sleds.. it has some tremendous ice buildup after a day in the fluff.. the ice forms around the front suspension and Swaybar. I removed my swaybar and it got a little better, but still a lot of ice.... I call my sled the "Ice Machine"

dont waste your money huge ice build up,so much that it will pull the screws through the plastic and it will be just about dragging in the snow.There is a template to cut holes in it to let the melted snow drain out but what is point of having a plate with holes in it for something to catch on and rip it right off.

stook said:
dont waste your money huge ice build up,so much that it will pull the screws through the plastic and it will be just about dragging in the snow.There is a template to cut holes in it to let the melted snow drain out but what is point of having a plate with holes in it for something to catch on and rip it right off.

I am on my 3rd season with my skinz plate and i do agree about ice build up, but the advantages i have far outweigh the the negatives in my opinion.
I always spray the float plate on the top with silicone which helps greatly.

X3 skinz in junk, collects retarded amount of snow which turns to ice. I trimmed the sides off to match the bumper tubing after only 2 rides it was sooo bad. Caused overheating even in cold weather.

I've rode with the oem float-plate for 2 years now, on 2 different Nytro's and think the good out weight the bad, yes it will hold some ice, you just have to keep an eye on it and deal with it, and I trimmed mine just a little on the sides to relieve the ice build-up under the a-arms.

I've had the Yamaha and the Skins. IMO the skins is much stronger, has a better mounting system and holds less snow and ice. I am using them with the mountain floatation bumper. I would'nt run without a skid plate. Get the skins and you will be happy.

Muffin

I bought one Skinz and one Yamaha. I ended up cutting the Yamaha because it collected snow. The key to both plates is to use automotive weatherstrip on the area directly under the stock plate. This 3/4 x 3/4 strip in the shape of a "U" will keep the ice from forming between the two plates

This blows everything else away.

Attachments

• 000_0002.jpg
    000_0002.jpg
    592.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 000_0003.jpg
    000_0003.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 87
^^^
Yup. Just get the Roest. Gives extra flotation, eliminates the cheesy OEM plastic/aluminum skid plate, and will take a pretty solid hit from a stump without so much as damaging the powdercoat! (did the beta testing on that one myself :o| ).

Back