• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro dead...

snopro24

Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX
I had my kids playing around in my garage and left my key on and it drained the original 09 battery. I tried to charge it on 2ah and it wasn't able to pull a charge. I replaced the battery and still nothing. I checked the fuses by the brake rotor and grounded the starter solenoid with a screwdriver and it turned over. Thoughts?? Relay issue?? What else can I check?? Thanks in advance...

Sounds like it is your Starter Relay Solenoid. Had the same exact issue with my 09. One day it started to get picky on me with starting and then the next it wouldnt turn over. Its caused by moisture basically. Like a $25 part and you are good to go. :sled1:

kids playing? check the kill switch.

Thanks Grizz, You beat me to it! Seen that before. LOL

Well I checked all of the wiring going to the kill switch and all is good. So going to try the starter relay solenoid.

He meant simply the kill switch pushed down, not the wiring. Do you have a tether? check it too.. Simple stuff first.

If it won't crank it's probably corrosion in the connectors or a bad starter relay. I had a problem with corrosion in the ignition wire connector but it didn't appear to be bad. The connector had just enough oxidation on the connections to cause a problem. After a good cleaning and adding anti corrosion grease I haven't had a problem since. Check out the fax section for diagnosing start problems: http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=931403#931403

Back