• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Running Boards Ice Up

Off Trail Mike

Gone Riding!
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
MTX
I am sure this has been discussed before, but anyone know how to reduce the ice build up on the left hand side running board?

Every time we go backcountry, I am constantly kicking/jabbing/scraping ice off the left running board. Yes there is heat coming back from the clutches, but isn't there a way to vent this up instead of straight back.

I was thinking of inserting some open cell foam in front of the footwell and trying to vent heat to slots cut in the side panels.

Anybody have a fix that works?

rubbermallet.jpg

yeah i have noticed with mine that if you kick it it cleans out much better than some of the other OEMs out there unless you let it sit over night then the ice tends to get really hard.

get some aftermarket boards that open them up so there is no snow to ice up.

Hey Kvids:

Thanks, I am going to look into aftermarket too. Are the MTX's running boards narrower than the XTX as well?

I was looking at a Polaris Assault, and I noticed the cut outs are bigger and the running boards must be at least an inch narrower.

Seems to me that railing would be alot easier if there was less board out there to catch on.

Maybe I should just go to the MTX 153.....but I keep thinking that to get to the boondocking areas we use, I still need to cover 50 miles of trail, and those paddles/slides are going to get beat up pretty quick.

if you are looking into aftermarket running boards that eliminate snow/ice..go with the Skinz air frames...not cheap but by the looks of them..snow/ice build up won't be an issue.

Puppe

Nice set up. That's what I am thinking about. Shorter foot area and more open area under foot. Did you cut up the stock running boards and then put an aluminum plate on top to reinforce it? Looks like it from the pics

I like Shadow's suggestion on the Skinz rails, but it looks like they might kill the strength of the tunnel, since all the running board has been cut away. I keep wondering what stops the back end from twisting...

cheers...

Back