• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Turbo which one?

ApexRtxGuy

Expert
i am considering a turbo for my new x-tx but am wondering which one would suit me best. 80% on trail the rest off in fence lines and power pole runs. would only have access to premuim gas on trail so will have to be low boost i assume. just looking for that edge over the revs and other yamaies i run with.

thanks in advance :yam:

Powderlites
the more I learn, the more people I talk too, and the few conversations I have had w/ Dave there the more I want one.
My next sled I buy or build will have his kit.
And yes i have ridden a couple of his kits

I have a CPR kit on my attak, Not sure if CPR makes one for the nytro yet, but I have no complaints about his kits or service after the sale.

I have delt with dave @ powderlites when I upgraded my turbo and I will be running his Rapid bike 3 on my sled this year. Great guy to deal with you will have a great running sled for sure with his kit and support.

Also Ulmer racing has a turbo kit that uses the areodyne 66 turbo. Great little unit for what you are looking to do. No oil lines to run back to turbo, etc. And Allen Ulmer is one of the best when it comes to questions and support.

I would look into the Ulmers kit for low boost applications, and if you ever have plans of going bigger on boost the Powderlites is the way to go.
Either way give dave or allen a call and discuss what you want to do. Both will point you in the right direction even if it means you will buy someone else's kit.

Just My 2 cents

aj

MOB said:
Powderlites...no question.
Theres plenty of questions to ask before a purchase!
I for one would buy the kit from the dealer closest to you, no matter the name of the kit, but every buyer must by them self decide whats important to them.
And think twice before you decide to run low boost, why spend so much money and not be able to use the turbo, the money to lower the comp is so low if you think about it, the grin in your face is a factor of the boost you put in the engine :).
But i agree with Aja, if you are 100% sure on the low boost thing, go with the Ulmer kit, very fast and easy install, and Ulmer is awsome to deal with.
I'm sure that you have heard of MCX, Ulmer and Powderlites, if you go either way you can't go wrong, they are on top, but i would buy from the one that have the right answer to your questions, because we all think independent, otherwise there would only be ONE manufacturer of everything.

Why not SuperCharge it? you can not beat the performance for the trail with a S/C........................ ;)!

Have had mine for 2 years now and love it.

:Rockon:

Yamanator said:
Why not SuperCharge it? you can not beat the performance for the trail with a S/C........................ ;)!

i have thought about a super as well i have been reasearching all summer so far just have'nt called any distributures yet to ask the final questions. that will be my next step. i also want to find a dealer close to me incase there are issues.

ApexRtxGuy said:
Yamanator said:

i have thought about a super as well i have been reasearching all summer so far just have'nt called any distributures yet to ask the final questions. that will be my next step. i also want to find a dealer close to me incase there are issues.

I have a MPI stage 1 and run 7 pound pully's on it, this give's me right around 195 to 200hp. I don't know how much a Nytro would have with a stage one on it but I do know they fly, raced one on the lake last year and got him out of the hole bad because he was not studded, then he walked by me at 100mph like I was sitting still. Put the charger on it, get a pressure gauge and a A/F gauge, run premium gas and hold it to the bar across the lake with no problems, thats what I do..........

Call this guy, Howard 810-614-2048 he can answer some of your question's. He has my sled right now.

Next time I boost a new sled I would consider the following:

Customer service will be the key factor where I leave my hard earned money

That the kit fit my riding style

What is included in the kit I am buying (able to pull timning, guages, ceramic coated parts, what BOV etc.). All the small parts costs money.

What would be the costs for a upgrade if I would like to turn up the boost ( that day will come - trust me)

But this is just my opinion - happy boosting!!!!!!!!!!

My requirement would be like TT said 1 thru 4 with the emphasis on #4 cause upgrading is inevitable.

Forgot to say: Go with the Powder Lites kit

rxrider said:
Forgot to say: Go with the Powder Lites kit
I haven't been so lucky that i have tried any with PL kit yet, have you?

Anyhow, it sounds like a vote, then i'll put my vote in for MCX for high boost / chim install and Ulmer's Aerodyne66 for low boost / simple install.

There is a company out of Montana called NORTHWEST TURBOS, they are designing turbos that run with less boost than most, they are an easier install, no other mods needed, just bolt on turbo and ride, and they run 190ish HP at their max boost. I think the website is WWW.YAMAHATURBO.COM

Back