• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil leaking on MCX with Roll-over valve?

Dimebag

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Hi,

Both me and my riding buddy have oil leaking out of the vent tube from the air intake box (or what it's called).

We are both running a MCX turbo kit, and have a Roll over valve installed.
However oil leaks out after only 30 seconds upside down.

Anyone knows why? How can it be solved?

See pictures..

167763_10150119922830733_628715732_8184367_5937168_n.jpg

168671_10150119922700733_628715732_8184366_2166592_n.jpg

164070_10150119922555733_628715732_8184364_1310973_n.jpg

Yes of course, Hehe. Unhooked the tether to test the valve also. I can hear a buzzing sound from the valve when I unhook the tether.

Is'nt it supposed to work with a turbo kit also?
Can't see why it should'nt.. Almost like oil gets in there before the valve closes..

What do you think?

Dimebag

Electrically there are some differences between your kit and mine, however I have some basic diagnosis information that may help.
I'll PM you some info when I get to home to my other computer tonight.

Bill

That sounds great. I Have e-mailed Scott also but no answer yet, but it has been my understanding that they are taking a break to produce more units and i guess thats why i get no reply.

And I'm sure he will chime in as soon as he gets back on here.

Thanks

Dimebag if you want we can remove the turbo kit from your sled and mount it on mine just to see if the same thing happens?? ;-)

Hey you probably wount get it back but atleast you will know wether its an oem fault or aftermarket.. ;-)

Yeah, I never heard of one buzzing before either. Sounds like it might be a poor connection issue not allowing enough current to flow for the valve to fully close.
Dimebag, PM sent that has some diagnosis proceedures to test for this.

Bill

It looks Like you installed the valve per instruction.
On the MCXPRESS turbo we install the valve on the vent hose of catch tank.
Early MCX kits had a oil catch tank or new kit has tank in the intercooler with a vent hose .
If you install it as your photo there are other oil hoses going to the catch tank and then oil can leak out vent .
Hope this Helps.
Mark

Bill: Thanks for the instructions, I will take a look at it this weekend when i get to my sled again and post back the results.

Mark: So what you're saying is that it won't work the way I installed it ?
Its a MCX 180 kit.

No It will not work completly the way you installed it.
It must have valve installed in end of vent hose close to intake plenium

Thats strange, I mean .. If it was supposed to be mounted at another location with a turbo they should have informed the customers about that?

What do you think Bill? Do you use the same mounting location both boosted and non-boosted?

Thanks guys.

I have not had the opportunity to see one of the new MCX kits yet. What Apex xpress is saying make sense though.
On the earlier MCX kits they used a surge tank located above the oil tank. On these models the valve can be installed between the oil tank and surge tank, or in the vent line exiting out of the top of the surge tank. I prefer to install it between the two tanks, since it would help prevent oil from draining into the surge tank while the sled is on it's side.

Without seeing some pic's of the new style set-up, I could see where it might hold a small amount of oil. In this case installing in the valve in the vent outlet from the intercooler tank would be a better option as Apex xpress suggested. This would help prevent any oil stored in the intercooler tank from leaking out.

For other turbo kits that do not use a remote surge tank, the valve is installed at the oil tank.

Link to pic's of the early MCX kit, I hope to have some pic's of the new style MCX kit soon!
http://fourstrokesolutionsllc.webs.com/ ... id=8311133

Bill

Back