• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil separator, major problem!

Not sure the Nytro or SW have a separator. The SW has a roll over valve that was prone to freezing cause back pressure to the oil tank causing the seal to leak. They Nytro just vented the oil tank into the airbox - as the moisture baked out of the oil it went into the intake.

I assume its mainly on startup when the oil and everything else is cold and it condensates while going through a heat cycle. After 30 min and its fully up to temp, there is likely little to no moisture in the oil at that point.
MS

Ok cleaned out oil separator with water and dawn dish soap,lightly blew some air through it and sprayed it good with WD/40. There was some water in the separtor when I took it off. I guess my next question is what is gonna stop this from happening again. The air box and the whole under side was just coated with oil unbelievable mess why would they not have a hose coming out of the bottom of the air box to the outside of the belly pan.
I've had the same issues, no factory hose going through the belly pan would probably be an environmental issue, just do it yourself if you're sure there isn't an oil separator issue.

Any updates on this so the sled doesn’t become a rock in the trail 2-3 times this year? New part number or delete? Thanks in advance.

Back