• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

oilite front end bushings

Well I must be retarded. I’m trying to put this kit in the upper arms of my phazer and they are too tight plain and simple Are you guys leaving the rod inside and putting the bushing on or are putting them on the arm then pounding the rod through ?

i use a threaded rod with 2 large washers to pull them in when i install them. i do take a file and make sure there is a decent champher on the arm to make them easyer to install.

Well I must be retarded. I’m trying to put this kit in the upper arms of my phazer and they are too tight plain and simple Are you guys leaving the rod inside and putting the bushing on or are putting them on the arm then pounding the rod through ?

Put some lubricant or oil on the outside of the bushings and the inside of the control arms as well. Should make them easier to press in. The advice of the long threaded rod you are getting is a method of pressing. Good advice!

i use a threaded rod with 2 large washers to pull them in when i install them. i do take a file and make sure there is a decent champher on the arm to make them easyer to install.
The lowers I could press in with a vice. I will try this technique for the upper even though I busted two of the bushing collars

Installed mine w a few sockets selected for the right size. Easy install, grease them a little too.

Pics of my install...

165609s.jpg 165643s.jpg 165702s.jpg 165713s.jpg 165724s.jpg 165741s.jpg 171753s.jpg 171756s.jpg 173325s.jpg 182911s.jpg 182918s.jpg

I pressed mine in with rubber jaws on my vice. Not good. This sealed the ends and squeezed oil out of the oil lites. Need to leave a space as to not seal them tight. Spindle bushings from the Bushman are a huge improvement also.

I pressed mine in with rubber jaws on my vice. Not good. This sealed the ends and squeezed oil out of the oil lites. Need to leave a space as to not seal them tight. Spindle bushings from the Bushman are a huge improvement also.
I called them prior to installation and confirmed greasing them up was fine, as shown in the pics, greased up, lined up on the bottom, turned a-arm over and tapped a wood block with a hammer to seat the other side... worked well. Not sure what you mean with squeezed out the oil as I thought it was a copper metal matrix vs. actual "oil" impregnated...

Back