• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oils chaincase/motor oil...Yamaha lube, or Amsoil fully synthetic??

Bolton ontario!

I've had no problems in 6000+ miles on my 07 using Amsoil 4-stroke Synthetic. Changed the filter once to the K&N.

Great to hear..Im thinking I'm going to go amsoil!

I run full syn. Amsoil in every engine I own, from my Bobcat to my Harley and I have alot of engines. My Dodge diesel goes 10.000 between oil changes. All companies out source the oils they recommend. They have someone find the compatible oil(s) and buy it in bulk for the cheapest price. You don't really believe Yamaha has a company that manufatures oil for them. I have run 0-40 Amsoil in my sled for 2 seasons (2600 Km's) before changing it and still looked like it had 2 seasons left.

Not sure if any of you guys really care. But...... lol Amsoil and Mobile 1 are not full synthetic. They all have dead animals in them. Klotz is the only one thats true synthetic. They start from scratch. No dead animals. Not knocking the brands just some info that I found interesting. Now back to your regually scheduled program.

wheres the proof of the dead animals lol, did you ever work at the amsoil factory?

Klotz starts with Castor oil then uses additives. Dead beans, Dead animals. Don't really care. LOL

so. how is amsoil the best known in Motorsports across the world? That dosent happen overnight I would think?

Klotz just don't market like Amsoil. I asked the same question. But they was the first truly synthetic oil. Amsoil was quicker to trademark also. I had a long talk with a Klotz guy about all oils before we took sponsorship from them. Just found it all interesting. The bottom line is if you have good marketing. You can sell products.

Wow no kidding! Amsoil has pretty good momentum in marketing in the motorsports industry.
Ive come across Klotz at the international sled show last year..I think amsoil is a pretty good fully synthetic oil bottom line. I havent heard of any motor issues caused by them. My dad ran amsoil in his nytro up to 13 thousand before he sold it and used amsoil from day one. Id assume its pretty safe to use...

Yea it was fairly interesting. He said Amsoil is good oil. We have ran Klotz for years now and he's wanting me to use it in my Phazer. I told him when I use up the case of Yama lube I have I'll put Klotz in it. He just shook his head. We had an oil pump pick up failure this year in our race engine and the oil light was on while under full throttle. Not good but the bearings was fine. I couldn't believe it. Like I said it's just some info most people don't get or hear. I thought it was interesting. I know most on here are gear heads and like that kinda stuff so that's why I'm posting. Just info only not trying to change people's minds.

For sure, it's very good information to hear. Thanks for sharing!

Sorry for reviving the dead but………………….Can anyone tell me if I can use Polaris SCL caincase lubricant (PN 2873105) in Phazer FX? Can’t find any spec’s on it.
Thanx

Use a high quality synthetic 75-90 and you'll be fine. Don't know what Polaris uses.

Back