• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Over boost, debugging possibly non-functional WG

SidewinderConvert

4-Stroke Rookie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'18 Sidewinder XTX-SE
My sled started over boosting this weekend. It was kind of acting like there was absolutely no WG, by half throttle it was making 12PSI of boost on ecotrail. At full throttle (with 100 octane gas) I was mostly seeing ~18.4PSI occasionally alternating to the correct boost of 13.8 and back. Does this line up with a non-functional WG?

Last weekend the bellows on my header failed and may have melted something in that area so I was thinking it is a hose that failed part way through this weekend. I will be going through the tubing next Friday when I get back up north to the sled but wanted to make sure I will be looking in the right spots first.

That is going to be step 1. Friday night next weekend I will keep the sled in a heated garage. I just want to know where to look if that turns out to not be the case.

All those hoses that run from the solenoids can build up condensation/water. Disconnect them and blow air through them to make sure you expel it.

I runnig TD Powertrail this season and seeing 17-18 psi as well. They claim 15 psi but its higher.

The thing is I was seeing 17-18PSI on ecotrail, powertrail and max spool 16... No real change between the 3.

The thing is I was seeing 17-18PSI on ecotrail, powertrail and max spool 16... No real change between the 3.
You running header? If so 18lbs is about all the waist-gate spring will hold. So I would say there is no signal going to your actuator. Your lower tunes should be opening the waist gate sooner, so you could be just on the spring.

Your header cracked?
How many miles on the header?
Whose header was it?
Were you running a header tune with stock manifold installed?
Any Pics?
The bellows on it broke, it is a TD G1 header with around 1200miles on it. I was running the stock manifold tune with the stock header. No great pictures unfortunately, I was so pissed off taking the whole thing apart I must have forgotten.

I runnig TD Powertrail this season and seeing 17-18 psi as well. They claim 15 psi but its higher.
Is this a sustained BOOST reading? When you hammer the throttle these tunes will over boost slightly, BUT should drop back 1-3 PSI and settle in at the described max Boost per tuner description.

All those hoses that run from the solenoids can build up condensation/water. Disconnect them and blow air through them to make sure you expel it.
They Leak also. Those pinch clamps are junk! I found a MAJOR leak on my 22 from new! everyone is concerned about clamps and throttle body spacers, which is common but those little hoses with the green clamps! check them guys

They Leak also. Those pinch clamps are junk! I found a MAJOR leak on my 22 from new! everyone is concerned about clamps and throttle body spacers, which is common but those little hoses with the green clamps! check them guys
Have you guys replaced the green clamps on the little hoses from solenoids? What clamps are you using?

Back