• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OW40 oil

This is what I have been running in my Attak for a few years now.
High Zinc and Phosphorus and still has detergents, at some level, to keep engine clean.

mobile 1.png

Mobile 1 Racing Oil is "ONLY FOR TRACK USE"

Track engines don't have Catalytic Convertors, EGRs, or other emission devices, they run at high RPM, they make incredible HP for their displacements, run hard when they are in use, have to deal with extreme temperatures, and normally don't operate under extended oil change schedules.
Hmmm...sound familiar?
:dunno:
:)

This oil debate has been going on since the building of the Pyramids.
The slaves wanted 30 weight oil because the big square rocks slid up the ramp easier.
The Romans wanted 40 weight because it lasted longer in the hot sun.

They settled it with a whip and NO oil was used due to Tutankhamun was on a "budget".

What's the moral of the story?
Use a good name oil 0w-30, 5w-30 or 0w-40 full synthetic and PITTB-ull. Put It To The Bars.

P.S: The Romans did NOT build the Pyramids, but they invented pasta so it's even.

I have seen the racing Mobil 1 before and wondered why it is not recommended for street use. Not made for 4000km +/- intervals? Anyone have any insights to this?

I have seen the racing Mobil 1 before and wondered why it is not recommended for street use. Not made for 4000km +/- intervals? Anyone have any insights to this?

Not enough cleaning agents in racing oil. TBN is not high enough to go any distance. You don’t want to use racing oil in anything you are not constantly changing oil in. Just because it says racing does not make it good oil either. There are many racing oils that are less than adequate out there.

Bob is the oil guy, and and rat540 websites will provide much information.

Totally agree with Steve’s Roman analysis above. The 30 or 40 are both fine oils. Doesn’t amsoil only have a 4 stroke powersports full synthetic in 0w40? Even if you think the 40 isn’t the best aren’t you going be in a new sled by the Tim you roll 10-15k on the odometer? I’ve got 40 in mine and when hit the throttle I hang on! Plenty of power there.

Do you really think that Yamaha is going to warrant your sled for 20 years if you are doing the service? Most of us trail riders will not notice the difference between weights in the oil. Drag racers might. I use Penzoil ultra 5/30 Yamaha filters. Next debate will likely be who's gas is the best.

Totally agree with Steve’s Roman analysis above. The 30 or 40 are both fine oils. Doesn’t amsoil only have a 4 stroke powersports full synthetic in 0w40? Even if you think the 40 isn’t the best aren’t you going be in a new sled by the Tim you roll 10-15k on the odometer? I’ve got 40 in mine and when hit the throttle I hang on! Plenty of power there.

Yes they only make Powersports oil in 0w-40 not he 0w-30.
The 0w-30 is their Signature Series which is 3rd on Dan's list. Not sure what the difference is.
I used to run Amsoil because i had a dealer down street that sold it for same price as Mobil. Now that he's gone, i'll switch to Mobil.

Racing oils, like Mobile 1 Racing oil, typically have high Zinc and Phosphorus additive levels[among many others] beyond what the EPA allows for street use.
One problem with racing oils is they have little or no detergent additives so they require changing more frequently.

b3ZqtS.png

Back