• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

oxygen VS BV2S

rtx moose

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder LTX LE,2007 RTX,2000 SRX700
Anyone go from a BV2S helmet to a oxygen helmet and is it better?

i have the oxygen, my father has the bv2s, he has tried mine, but rathers his heated bv2s, he has glasses and i do not. My oxygen is a nice helmet, but has lots of quirks, and definately is nowhere near perfect. I have replaced my cord and shield under warranty after 1.5 seasons of riding. If you have glasses, i suggest for the money looking into the AMS system on the CKX. My fathers bv2s is always often freezes up the mouth piece, you need to take it somewhere warm to completely thaw the passages (this is an absolute must between days, dont leave it in a cold ruck overnight). Neither helmet has a really good way of getting rid of the moisture, my oxygen on warm days, if i dont have the vents just right will literally rain water on the inside of the shield. Also this year we have both discovered the same issue that when there is a thick fog or a heavy "dew" in the air, the shields heat cannot keep up to melt away the ice build up (i think because of the large shield) and we need to take them off and de-ice the shield by putting them over top of the engine vent between the gauge and handlebars (about every 10 miles). I am not saying not to get either of these helmets, they are quite nice, but the AMS systems design appears to really have a good grasp at expelling moisture, and is quite a bit cheaper. Another note on the BV2S is that i find it very difficult to put on and take off, also my father has a list of steps that he follows to be sucessful in properly sealing up his mouth piece so his glasses do not fog (he is not always sucessful the first time lol), also there is a particular klim balaclava that skidoo sells that works properly with the BV2S. Sorry for being all over the place with the post, i just wanted you to have all of the info before making a significant purchase like this. If i didnt spend 800$+ for my oxygen, id probably either be running an AMS CKX or a Titan.

My bv2s will ice up when it gets -degrees sometimes..I just need Input from someone who has used both and without glasses

Just purchased a heated BV2S for cold weather riding. I usually use a 509 moto helmet. I picked the BV2S over the Oxygen only because my dealer had them 40% off. I wore it for the first time last Wed in -10 temps. Works great but the maxi pad in the breath box was soaked by the first stop (30 miles) so i took it out. Starting to wish I would have got the Oxygen even though it was $300 more.

I will say putting the BV2S on is like entering the birth canal lol

I've had the Bvs for several seasons, my dad bought the first year oxygen and didn't like it compared to his Modular 2 helmet (he does wear glasses). This year i talked him into trying the CKX Mission and with about 500 mi on it so far in these cold temps he seems to like it, only complaint it when he pulls his nose piece down it is a bit cumbersome but in the end works well. I have now been using and trying to fine tune the fit of the oxygen, and one thing I've noticed so far is that the heated interior could be warmer to help with the moisture management, when you breathe (normally) the shield fogs up ever so slightly but dissappears rather quickly, however the lower portion of my shield was icing up on me, top was ok. The cord did come unplugged on me once and I started fogging up pretty bad, so this told me it "was" working as good as it could. I think a guy would be up a creek if the cord or shield were to fail on a trip. Also to note this was riding this last weekend in Wi where the high temps were in the single digits....

Oh and having the very first modulars and the bvs I'm getting sick of the wet breath box on my face, so I've been patiently experimenting with the Oxygen, my wife has the Oxygen as well so I have a couple to work with just to be certain, but, all in all the bvs is a hard helmet to beat

Last edited:
Had the BV2S for 3 years and loved it, but when i had to start wearing glasses it became an issue. I could never get the snot box sitting perfect every time after opening the helmet. I have owned about 10 other helmets including open face from all the top brands. This year was the second season on my 2020 Oxygen and it is far and above the best "all around" helmet i've owned. Glasses can be warn in it no problem and it's super quiet. I have actually installed aftermarket head phone muffs with 45mm JBL drivers that i plug a small LDAC into so i can have bluetooth connectivity. The sound quality is pretty darn good.
The only thing i miss with the Oxygen is the modular aspect. If BRP came out with a modular Oxygen i would be the 1st person in line.

Anyone go from a BV2S helmet to a oxygen helmet and is it better?
I used the bv2s for almost 10 years before I got the oxygen, as a matter of fact I had two of them,i wore one out. I had the heated and non heated visor for the bv2s, but the heated visors from brp seemed to have distortion in them. So always used the regular visor. In very cold temps the bv2s will start to freeze up. Other than that, the bv2s is a good helmet, until I got the oxygen.
The oxygen is better in every way. You have nothing pressing up against your face and no moisture accumulating in the breath box and dripping onto your coat. It also seals much better under the helmet and keeps all air out of the helmet, making for a much warmer and quieter ride.
I do not wear glasses but my wife does and she tells me that the oxygen helmet works great for her.
Hope this helps. Cheers.

I would often have ice forming on the exterior of the BV2S if it were wet snow or sleet/freezing rain out. This is a non issue with the Oxygen due to the heated shield.

Thanks guys for your input..its amazing I put 18 years on my bv2,it's also the same shield.it just started to fog up on me this year on top in the very middle..not sure if the shield is bad or the helmet is just worn out.it would be nice without a breath box thats why I am thinking oxygen!!

I would often have ice forming on the exterior of the BV2S if it were wet snow or sleet/freezing rain out. This is a non issue with the Oxygen due to the heated shield.
My father and I both had issues with ice forming on the shield, it was all you could do to keep scraping off the ice before it got to thick, grip heat on hig , hold grip tightly , use warm glove to wipe ice away , rinse and repeat. It has been a peculiar year tho I have to admit.

Thanks guys for your input..its amazing I put 18 years on my bv2,it's also the same shield.it just started to fog up on me this year on top in the very middle..not sure if the shield is bad or the helmet is just worn out.it would be nice without a breath box thats why I am thinking oxygen!!
If you absolutely have to have a brp helmet , I don't think you will be disappointed in the oxygen helmet. I really really find the lighted control very handy, just a glimpse tells me if I have power, if I have a problem, and if I forgot to hook up the magnetic plug on the back of the helmet lol

I have had an oxygen and have glasses - I love it. I can ride in 15 below with no breath mask and not have fogging. I bought my wife one and she also loves hers. I have had many helmets this is my favorite by far. Can’t say enough good things about it.

Back