• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Perplexing results today??

Looking forward to our 4-day 700 mile trip we have planned next weekend up to Bents.
I'm happy you're going and again I would like to attend. The only thing I don't like about radar runs is we all get lumped into four stroke improved. And that's all....lol.
96 studs or 400 chisels, it don't matter.
Neither does horsepower 240-450hp+++ what's the difference? Oh my.....

You really would need to try out a different muffler to rule it out. I had a precision 2.5” muffler with a td tune bundle. Sled made proper boost on every tune except max 20 was down a bit. Sled ran well but didnt turn as much weight as I expected it too. Flashed sled with hurricane 270 and boost was down a bit. Chased it for a while and then swapped to td superquiet and sled was boosting good and making much better power. The thing with mufflers is power falls off real quick at high rpms vs higher flow mufflers that let the powerband stretch out a bit. An example of this is the sandale muffler mods. If you search on here he posted some dyno runs and the mod mufflers made similar power to the hyperflow series but hp at high rpms fell off real quick vs tapering off on the hyperflows. Your muffler is the only thing different in terms of hardware compared to what many others run.

Yes replaced with turbosmart. And talking with another member I put my stock bov back on there and it did the same thing as yours.... Right at 15 psi you can hear it hissing out the side.
Spray the BOV with soapy water next leak test. Yes that turbosmart one!

I'm happy you're going and again I would like to attend. The only thing I don't like about radar runs is we all get lumped into four stroke improved. And that's all....lol.
96 studs or 400 chisels, it don't matter.
Neither does horsepower 240-450hp+++ what's the difference? Oh my.....
Bents is in 2 weeks. NOT next weekend? Unless they changed the dates?

You really would need to try out a different muffler to rule it out. I had a precision 2.5” muffler with a td tune bundle. Sled made proper boost on every tune except max 20 was down a bit. Sled ran well but didnt turn as much weight as I expected it too. Flashed sled with hurricane 270 and boost was down a bit. Chased it for a while and then swapped to td superquiet and sled was boosting good and making much better power. The thing with mufflers is power falls off real quick at high rpms vs higher flow mufflers that let the powerband stretch out a bit. An example of this is the sandale muffler mods. If you search on here he posted some dyno runs and the mod mufflers made similar power to the hyperflow series but hp at high rpms fell off real quick vs tapering off on the hyperflows. Your muffler is the only thing different in terms of hardware compared to what many others run.
1)Testing in 30°f ^^^ temps
2)18psi & 2 bar
3) questionable exhaust.
I'm pretty sure the three items listed are attributing at one level or another.
Thinking more clearly, I need to stop chasing and start being patient. We had a few days of dropping off temps but I would say it's been higher than normal. 40°^^^ here all next week. And we just started February.
1) it would be better to be testing somewhere between 0° and 10°
2) consider replacing my two bar with a three bar.
3) most expensive & definitely most unclear as to whether it has the flow capacity or not?

At this point Eco trail pm feels damn close to Max 17.

Jon (here) chimed in on another thread I started. He claimed through his AFR gauge that it was idling rich, which mine does
Yes MS 17 (3 bar) CAI, with turbo force 2.5 for the last 2500 miles is slightly rich down low.. It idles a little fat and when running 15-25 MPH on trashed out 3 foot garbage.. Otherwise its perfect and gets as good a gas mileage as a 2022 stock sidewinder and a 21 8000. Within .2 gallons at the pump.. @around 6000 rpm cruising(60 MPH) its in the 14.7-14.8 AFR range which is the highest numbers I see.. To the bar its 11.7 AFR.. As far as clutch weight I run different weights and WAY less weight.

1)Testing in 30°f ^^^ temps
2)18psi & 2 bar
3) questionable exhaust.
I'm pretty sure the three items listed are attributing at one level or another.
Thinking more clearly, I need to stop chasing and start being patient. We had a few days of dropping off temps but I would say it's been higher than normal. 40°^^^ here all next week. And we just started February.
1) it would be better to be testing somewhere between 0° and 10°
2) consider replacing my two bar with a three bar.
3) most expensive & definitely most unclear as to whether it has the flow capacity or not?

At this point Eco trail pm feels damn close to Max 17.
Regardless of weather, you should be noticing a difference from eco to max17. You wont find the full potential of your sled in warm weather yes but should still have noticeable difference from eco to max17. You dont know anyone with a muffler you could try? If I was a betting man……..

I did. Nothing.
60f66a15-e17b-4f7b-9003-9ab69613559e-png.163820

Brand new turbosmart. That was first leak test brand new sled.. Needless to say it never got used, i went another route/brand.. Plenty that are fine and being used but everyone is worried about the clamps/hoses leaking and not checking BOV.. Sounds like you got a decent one..

Yes MS 17 (3 bar) CAI, with turbo force 2.5 for the last 2500 miles is slightly rich down low.. It idles a little fat and when running 15-25 MPH on trashed out 3 foot garbage.. Otherwise its perfect and gets as good a gas mileage as a 2022 stock sidewinder and a 21 8000. Within .2 gallons at the pump.. @around 6000 rpm cruising(60 MPH) its in the 14.7-14.8 AFR range which is the highest numbers I see.. To the bar its 11.7 AFR.. As far as clutch weight I run different weights and WAY less weight.
I was supporting your claim.
I hope I'm not giving the impression I'm doubting TD.
But in my given situation with 30° temps and a completely maxed out stock 2 bar map, I should be investing in a book regarding, how to be patient.

Regardless of weather, you should be noticing a difference from eco to max17. You wont find the full potential of your sled in warm weather yes but should still have noticeable difference from eco to max17. You dont know anyone with a muffler you could try? If I was a betting man……..
I haven't reached that thought process prior to your comment.
But, no one comes to mind.
I'll see what I can do.
What about riding the sled with no muffler at all and the side cover off? Just asking....

60f66a15-e17b-4f7b-9003-9ab69613559e-png.163820

Brand new turbosmart. That was first leak test brand new sled.. Needless to say it never got used, i went another route/brand.. Plenty that are fine and being used but everyone is worried about the clamps/hoses leaking and not checking BOV.. Sounds like you got a decent one..
I saw that thread where yours leaked. Ugh....
Jon, you'll not believe that I just bought it for $115 bucks. In the afterthought after talking to another was that it was a blem or a fake. Which anything is possible but it did pass the leak test up to 20 psi

I haven't reached that thought process prior to your comment.
But, no one comes to mind.
I'll see what I can do.
What about riding the sled with no muffler at all and the side cover off? Just asking....
No different than a straight pipe I suppose. Really too bad you didnt have anyone near by so you could borrow a muffler to test with but do what you gotta do.

Back