• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phaser darting

Ridge line

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Phazer
anyone out there have a fix for darting , just got my FX 121 out and it’s really darting bad . Any advice out there would be appreciated

I use dual carbides and really like Snow Studs' Double Down. Some don't like the push in corners but I've been OK with that as I don't speed through corners.

Snowtrackers.

1/4" toe out (set toe out with a weak bungee cord between the loops) , reduce the rear torsion spring, ski savers from Bergstrom (reduces how far your wearbars dig in, and protect your ski).

I tried almost everything that has been mentioned here to solve the darting issue with my son's Phazer. And I'm a big fan of doing whatever possible with stock parts to get a sled to handle and perform the way the rider likes. Whereas some of these things did help, it didn't completely solve the issue. So for us, it was time to go beyond stock. We installed a set of Polaris Pro Steer skis with Slim Jim Dooly runners. For us, that was the 100% solution to the darting. But yet the steering is still positive and light.

Stud boy shapers are not dual runners. The stud boy Deuce bars and Woody's dooleys are as well as slimjim dooleys. All of the above will reduce darting. But shimming and pulling that front limiter strap made a dramatic difference with Dooleys. Alignment is critical as well. The last bit, is getting a steering slop kit, as they do loosen up in the front end.

The length of carbide is always in relation to the lug height and studding out back. If only running 1- 1.5" with no studs, you may need only up to 6". If studded, you may have to go to 8" And that varies if you are running a solo bar, or dooley.

Good luck!

anyone out there have a fix for darting , just got my FX 121 out and it’s really darting bad . Any advice out there would be appreciated

The following was done and cured 95% of darting, wondering and Yamaslop symptoms on a groomed trail.

- Yamaha OEM bearing "fix" part# SMA-BEARI-NG-KT
- All A arm bushings replaced with Oilite parts
- Ski bolt bushings and collars replaced
- Steering block replaced with a billet part with Oilite insert.
- New outer tie rods
- 6in. Slim Jim Doolys for carbides

Front limiting strap is in the stock position.

Back