• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer 2009 no start

Trevorj

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Phazer/ vector
Hi guys new guy here. Have 09 phazer. Won't start. Will not crank over. Turn key on. Fuel pump will not turn on either. I can jump starter solenoid and it cranks. Yellow ground block looks ok but?. Any suggestions. Thanks

Does the gauge come on? Open that ground block and look for burnt terminals.

Hi guys new guy here. Have 09 phazer. Won't start. Will not crank over. Turn key on. Fuel pump will not turn on either. I can jump starter solenoid and it cranks. Yellow ground block looks ok but?. Any suggestions. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20191130_150626~2.jpg
    IMG_20191130_150626~2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 355
One connector at the end looks dark. Does it have the black secondary smaller ground block nearby? If not, I'd suggest doing the ground block update as per this bulletin. You don't need the actual kit from Yamaha, just solder the indicated wires together or use a similar connector.

After that, you should break out a multimeter or test light and, along with a schematic from the repair manual, check for power and ground. At this point, there's no way around that. If it was just the fuel pump not running and it cranks, I would have said to check the pump relay. I would highly recommended to replace with the red solid state version anyway for very cold start issues.

Attachments

• PZ Ground Connector[small].pdf
    511.7 KB · Views: 206
Thanks mooseman. Do I solder 5&6 together then run a ground to the battery from 5&6. Ya I will have to pick up a schematic. Thanks for your help I will try tonight

Connected 5&6 to battery. Cranks over now sweet. But still no fuel pump. Does 5&6 control all the grounds now? Or is it possible I'm still missing a ground from the yellow block to the fuel pump relay. Or should I just change fuel pump relay and hope for the best. Is fuel pump relay called fuel injection relay. I don't see fuel pump relay on schematic. Does anyone know which one it is out of the all of them that are there. Thanks kindly.

Connected 5&6 to battery. Cranks over now sweet. But still no fuel pump. Does 5&6 control all the grounds now? Or is it possible I'm still missing a ground from the yellow block to the fuel pump relay. Or should I just change fuel pump relay and hope for the best. Is fuel pump relay called fuel injection relay. I don't see fuel pump relay on schematic. Does anyone know which one it is out of the all of them that are there. Thanks kindly.
The one with the most red(or red tracers) wires.
And yes, Yamaha calls it a fuel injection relay.
Any codes showing on dash at the moment?

No codes. I guess I could jump relay. To see if turns on. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks for help

8GN-81950-00
Could be the relay. These should help.

Attachments

• Phazer relays.jpg
    Phazer relays.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Phazer relays #.jpg
    Phazer relays #.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 204
  • Phazer Schematics.jpg
    Phazer Schematics.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 191