• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer bogs down in deep snow

Phazer500

Extreme
I went out drift busting today and when I would wack a big drift my sled would bog wayyyy down and almost quit. I think it was having trouble breathing. Any suggestions?[/code]

Look inside your air box after it happens (quick and easy, no tools) and see if there is any snow in it.

I guess you'd have to seal it and pre-filter it off a little better? I know after a snow storm, many of 2 strokes show up at the shop with siezed motors from sucking in snow.

Well it just seems like my intake gets plugged when I smash a drift and for like 3 seconds it just sounds starved of air. And then it usually works itself out.

It's definitely starving it of air. Do you think it has something to do with my skid plate? Also, would Frogskinz or UNI pods help it?

Is your air box on the throttle bodies right? Wierd you'd have that much trouble.
You should post this in the Phazer Mtn section and see what the powder boys think.

Do you have the update that has the front end sealed up so as not to get snow in on engine? Or when your bustin drifts does your motor create alot of steam? I had this problem and all the steam was saturating air filter with moisture, which would still allow engine to run ok but cause it to stumble when you would drop throttle then add sudenly. I had a few rides where I literaly had to pull out air filter and ring the water out, 3 or 4 times.

i think the update tbyrd is talking about is the rubber pieces they install on the subframe. you can see them without removing anything.

i had this done on mine. the pieces are almost at the front by the bend in the frame.

Back