• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer bogs down in deep snow

Some people seem to think that more oil is better quite the opposite, the level indicator is there for a reason your motor needs to breath and have air pressure positive and negative as pisons move about there business. To much oil can pop seals amongst a ton of other things.. You need to be thankful that you just got oil out of the breather. :yam:

Don't thread you dip stick in to check oil, just set it in up to the threads. You probably know this, but sometimes the best of us look over the obvious.

FIXED!!!!!!! When we drained my oil last year we didn't drain the crank oil with it so there was too much oil. Also, the two little tabs on the bottom of the airbox panel cover that slide in werent being slid in so it was letting snow inside the airbox past the filter. So now it no longer bogs or poops oil so it's all good :) thanks for all your help guys!

Hey today I tipped my sled over and it was tipped for awhile. And there was a lot of oil in my airbox. Is that because I tipped it? Also the little oil light came on with the warning triangle.

yea the oil will leak out if tipped too far. i have herd good things about the roll over shut off vaulve.

Holy $@&! that was a lot of oil. To the point where I had to soak my filter in gas like we do with our dirtbikes. It was all over. I will be checking my oil after I run it or a little bit when my filter is dry.

I noticed mine has just a little oil coming out the breather in the airbox. I know i have too much oil in it, but if i hold the dip stick about 1/4" above the threads it reads good, so that 1/4" must be enough to blow some out i'm guessing?

spike337 said:
Think i'll just roll it? Easier.

hilarious man. can't stop laughing.

you should be fine. i overfilled once & ended up with a film on the skid plate & subframe. no biggy.

Well I just checked my oil today and it was damn low. It took over 10 oz of oil! That means it spat out 10oz of oil! Goodness. I guess rolling these things over costs you money and a pain in the @$$.

I wouldn't worry about 10 oz low, too much. They must take about 70+oz?
Matbe a guy could tape a small 16oz bottle on the sled someplace, just in case?

GET THE ROLLOVER KIT!!! Its not only expensive to roll it over but its environmentally irresponsible. Its disgraceful that Yamaha would allow its sleds to do this. Mine pissed out 3 liters of oil once while upside down. The 2 stroke guys found this yo be quite amusing. "Ohhhh, 4 strokes don't burn oil but they'll ruin the ground on which it is spilled.

Back