• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer clutch cover venting

MikeWalters

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer
Noticed after a long ride with a lot of WOT runs that the clutch side cover gets very warm.

Anyone vent this panel with a frogzskinz or something? I am always surprised at the amount of belt dust in there and I am sure the heat does not help.

Suggestions?

I have a 3" circle frogzskin on the clutch cover (circled in pic) and another one on the back of the clutch cover (can't see in the pic). I think it makes a difference.

I still need to put one on the front of the clutch cover.

Attachments

• 100_0002.jpg
    100_0002.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 184
Not trying to hijack, but I was wondering if others are having trouble with hot phazer clutches.

Granted I have a turbo, but both my clutches get hot enough that you can barely touch them. I have blown two belts this season, while my other non turbo sled has almost 4k on its factory belt.

I check my clutches regularly and they never get hot. A little warm but that's all. When you say you are running the factory belt - the updated one or the old one??

Cubby which size vent did you out on the backside of the clutch cover? Also do you think the 4" circle would fit on the side?

Thanks

Oh & PS-where did you get them. Not sure I want the full blown Phazer kit, looks excessive

Frogzskins seem to work well, had them on for 1300km so far and no problems

Attachments

• frogzskin 6.JPG
    frogzskin 6.JPG
    577.4 KB · Views: 127
  • frogzskin 4.JPG
    frogzskin 4.JPG
    618.2 KB · Views: 132
  • Frogzskin 10.JPG
    Frogzskin 10.JPG
    532.2 KB · Views: 146
You can put either a 3" circle or a 3" x 5" rectangle on the back. I don't think a 4" would fit. I bought the 3" circles for $15 for a pair and the 3 x 5 rectangle was $15 as well. Frogzskins also sells specific Phazer kits for the clutch side, englne side, and top kit. They are very pricy.

I put three on my clutchs I had left over from air box mod. I put one on the side of primary and secondary and 1 on upper front of primary. Seem to work well there has to be a lot of engine heat in there.

Back