• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

phazer performance increase?

phazerfanatic

Im looking to increase the performance of my 07 fx.
Schmidt Bros claims top speed of 101 with gear change and
clutch kit.
Has any one run there kits, I here a lot of good things about
Ulmer racing but will I be able to hit 100 mph.
Looking for any input before I make a purchase.

Mine hits 91/92 mph pretty consistant,(bone stock) so i was hoping a true 80mph?
I would believe a well set-up Phazer with a few mods could hit 100mph on the speedo. I hit 96mph one time on a straight, only once for some reason. I could actually hear it pulling more rpms, so i looked down and 96mph. I could litterally hear it was pulling faster. Could've been a good tailwind?

Yes it happens on occasion but even then you might be hitting 85 if your lucky.Thats a long way from 100mph.I would be very happy with a honest 90mph.Enough to keep it interesting on grades and enough that its not always pinned on the trails.Would be nice to have a little left for the unexpected hole or such.

so is a clutch kit worth putting in?
I can get 85 now would a 20 sprocket get more speed?
the schmidt bros clutch kit has a overdrive built in the helix.
that slould be good for 5 mph.
I am thinking of a aftermarket exhaust.
I guess I would be happy if I could get 90 to 95 out of it.
I just dont know where the best place to start.

Everything helps with clutch being the top dog no matter what you do.Its going to take alot of little increases to get to 100mph.Turbo feels like cheating :tg:

Whatever you do you will need to get that power to the ground. Exhaust, clutch & track will make a big "seat of your pants" difference.

Have fun with it!

cannondale27 said:
Everything helps with clutch being the top dog no matter what you do.Its going to take alot of little increases to get to 100mph.Turbo feels like cheating :tg:

No way m8, power is power and whatever blows my sled is the same for me as long as it works.
cheating is if someone bl** you and you're girl figures it out :tg:
Anyhow, it feels nothing like turbo power :Rockon:

im piping mine just to sound cooler and make it snappy, you cant ask for too much out of these. which we have all found out if we dont have unlimited pockets

i have no problems hitting mid 90's and have seen 100 on a few occasions, i have a 19tooth top gear i tried for a month rather than the 18t my sled came with, it took away from the low end pull im not a lake racer mostly i was looking for more power 30mph to 80mph for the types of trails i ride, i would go with and ulmer clutch kit, new exhaust(i prefer excell system), and give a pc3 a try. but then again i have unlimited pockets..lol..kidding if anyone wanth to try a 19t let me know ill sell it, has 200miles on it.. especially if you guys have a gt model, that has a 20t in it..the 19t will give you more pull down low.

As far as gears go, here is about what you can expect out of them with the clutches fully shifted out running the optimum 11500rpm
17 tooth = 79mph (87 speedo)
18 tooth = 84mph (92 speedo)
19 tooth = 88mph (96 speedo)
20 tooth = 92mph (101 speedo)

MTX's = 2 teeth less due to smaller drivers, like mine with a 19 tooth is about the same as a shorty with a 17 tooth

Every phazer that I've been on seems to read right around 10% fast.

I am starting to think that the ulmer cluch kit, aaen pipe and cold air intake is the way to go. maybe 20 tooth gear.
looks like its going to cost me about $600.00
I hope thats enough to beat my buddys 2007 z1 jag.

Lite said:
cannondale27 said:

No way m8, power is power and whatever blows my sled is the same for me as long as it works.
cheating is if someone bl** you and you're girl figures it out :tg:
Anyhow, it feels nothing like turbo power :Rockon:

If I had the cash it would be done instantly.For me a Nytro just feels way to heavy.I really do think I would be happy with just a little more though.Its only on long stretches where others really leave me in dust.But like I said having a little to play with would make it funner.Not only that but at only 11-13mpg when riding with buddies its not like I am saving gas anyhow.

phazerfanatic said:
I am starting to think that the ulmer cluch kit, aaen pipe and cold air intake is the way to go. maybe 20 tooth gear.
looks like its going to cost me about $600.00
I hope thats enough to beat my buddys 2007 z1 jag.

Well there you go, perfect combo there man !!! Go with your gut instinct already and order the parts !!! You won't regret it !!!

Back