• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Saggy Butt

I had the torsion springs replaced under Warranty because of the sag, and it did not make a difference. The rear still sags 3-4 inches. I wonder if the new front link changed the geometry of the suspension and contributes to the sag?

I think I'm going to try setting the preload adjusters to the softest setting on the front shocks. Shouldn't this have the same effect? By dropping the front of the sled, more weight is then on the front of the skid? Might also help with cornering too! I dont think I'll have and issue with bottoming either, as I've never bottomed the front end. I've only bottomed the rear when hitting huge bumps coming out of corners with the front end in the air.

I had the dealership "pre" adjust my suspension for my weight and my front preload is cranked. I wonder if we could get a little survey going? Of the people that responed to this post who don't have the sag issue vs. the people that do, how is your front suspension setup, limiter strap, etc?

Thought I'd bump this up.

The lowering of the front arm is now tested and it's a must on these sleds I think.

I always had too much ski pressure with the C&A's, but now, the sled wheelies all over the place and the front end is really light. Makes the skis easier to turn.

Would not recommend this on a sled with stock skis though.

According to the article its lowering the front arm.I cant believe that you cant get same effect at least wheely wise by letting the front limiter strap out.I only wiegh 140lbs and with strap out mine will go over backwards.Not only that we already have plenty of Hyfax wear at front bend in rail which leads me to believe we have quite a steep approach angle already.If saggy butt affects your suspension quality just get some different springs.Actually the polaris spring conversion looked to me to work very well on XC's Phazer.I believe he said the kit can be acquired from Rath racing.Mine sags alot but still rides and handles big bumps just fine.I wish it sagged more actually for lower ride hieght.

I believe Mars is talking about actually drilling new holes in the tunnel and changing the mounting point of the skid's front arm to the tunnel. Mars, could you please clarify?

As far as the limiter strap, that didn't change anything with the sag issues I was having. It does seem that replacing the badly worn bushings and greasing everything up real well has cured my problem. I don't care what Yamaha says, my skid is getting greased every 500 miles. It's cheap insurance!

Thats right.Moving holes is A DRASTIC measure though.I agree the greasing does take the sag out.Thing is that little resistance there before greasing is very little difference than when you are sitting on the sled.In other words measure bumper hieght with you on it after a couple jumps up and down.Then grease everything and measure it again with you on sled after jumping up and down a few times.It will be almost identical.Even though without rider it will be much higher.I think worrying about sag with no rider on is not something to be overly concerned with.A bent shaft is a issue though since it will lead to other issues like broke rails.So greasing everything often is important since it all gets inspected at same time.

Back