• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazers are cold

justforfun

Veteran
I always found my 96 Phazer was a cold ride compared to my other machines, but my 07 is the worst knee freezer I've ever ridden. A wind deflector would be a nice option.
Is there one out there for these sleds?

You can buy the knee deflectors from Yamaha and they WORK. Tall windsheild is great too.

Moto cross shin/knee guards for $15.00 will work too. But i'd look into the 'deflectors the guys are talking about.

I think with mounting hardware and the works its about $60. I'll find the part #s for ya tonight

I've been thinking that knee guards would be a good answer for warmth and protection after my buddy smashed his kneecap into 5 pieces with a sudden stop. The sled is ok.

justforfun said:
I've been thinking that knee guards would be a good answer for warmth and protection after my buddy smashed his kneecap into 5 pieces with a sudden stop. The sled is ok.

I never realy get cold but when racing we have to wear them so I ride all the time with them on. Unless I am going for a quick ride even then you can hurt it quickly. On the phazer it was the knee and the SP 600 its the shins. I use MSR relfexs. Plastic shin, knee, and thigh guards. Pading in side the the cards with elastic. The knee has 4 pivot point (2 each side) and the padding in the knee is memory foam.

justforfun said:
The sled is ok.

:rofl:

I've riden in the -30's several times this season. Med windshield with no knee wind deflectors. FXR Yamaha jacket and Yami ski-pants with padded knee's. Only thing that gets cold on my is usually just my hands. Yami gloves.... I don't find the sled that cold really. Crappy hand warmers, I think, are my issue.

We need a "PHAZER RULZ" emoticon!!! :-o

ATV PRO #11 said:
justforfun said:
The sled is ok.

:rofl:

I've riden in the -30's several times this season. Med windshield with no knee wind deflectors. FXR Yamaha jacket and Yami ski-pants with padded knee's. Only thing that gets cold on my is usually just my hands. Yami gloves.... I don't find the sled that cold really. Crappy hand warmers, I think, are my issue.

We need a "PHAZER RULZ" emoticon!!! :-o
why does it seem like i'm the only one that hasn''t had issues with my hand warmers? crap they're too hot for me, almost to the point where i can't grab them at times. anyways i have the GT with the wind deflectors, they're nice they work, would be better if i wasn't so stubborn about looking cool and actually ran with a wind shield though.

rhino_live said:
why does it seem like i'm the only one that hasn''t had issues with my hand warmers? crap they're too hot for me, almost to the point where i can't grab them at times. anyways i have the GT with the wind deflectors, they're nice they work, would be better if i wasn't so stubborn about looking cool and actually ran with a wind shield though.

I find them to me on and off. Last week my hand where cold so I used mitts. Yesterday I had wet gloves and had to turn them down. they are warmer then my old sled though so i am happy with them.

I use real thin underarmor gloves most all days and at night or really cold days wear thicker ones.I think the thin gloves let the heat through to warm hands better.

atv pros 11
same here i ride with actually a fox winter jacket i find warmer then my actuall yamaha snowmobiling jacket. go figure? aand yamaha ski-pants with klim/yamaha boots and the only thing that got cold was my hands but then i got the harness update

Back