• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picking up New 2009 Apex LTX tomorrow

MarkRTX

Expert
Well since I cooked my motor in my RTX I'm getting this new sled. I was told with the new valving from Yamaha Theres no need to revalve I'm 240 dressed. Any thoughts Also how many miles should I put on it before I install my dragnflies?? I'm installing a set of fox floats loved them on my rtx 13mm sway bar and clutch kit after some miles. Also how does everyone breakin there sled?? I've always broken brand new stuff the way I'm going to run it. Balls to the wall. Any thoughts I don't believe in the so many rpms for this mileage and so many for that mileage. Any other ideas that I should look at?? How well does the LTX perform compared to a 06 RTX?? Thanks everyone for any replys and I'll be up in the County for 4 days of riding next week :4STroke:

I'm picking up a 09 ltx gt tomorrow. can't wait to break her in couldn't pass it up for the price!

MarkRTX said:
Well since I cooked my motor in my RTX I'm getting this new sled. I was told with the new valving from Yamaha Theres no need to revalve I'm 240 dressed. Any thoughts Also how many miles should I put on it before I install my dragnflies?? I'm installing a set of fox floats loved them on my rtx 13mm sway bar and clutch kit after some miles. Also how does everyone breakin there sled?? I've always broken brand new stuff the way I'm going to run it. Balls to the wall. Any thoughts I don't believe in the so many rpms for this mileage and so many for that mileage. Any other ideas that I should look at?? How well does the LTX perform compared to a 06 RTX?? Thanks everyone for any replys and I'll be up in the County for 4 days of riding next week :4STroke:
i would'nt go balls to the wall on that new engine,to many parts smackin around in there.you don't take off runnin after you have broken your leg,you slowly get to that point! ;)!

Well I took out the front heat exchanger with a stud after hitting something and it tore such a big hole all the coolant drain out within seconds I guess because when the warning light came on finally it was too late and cooked the motor. Once I settle with the insurance company I will have a bunch of parts for sale.

Back