• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pilot Ski mounting on a Phazer

Besides the rubber bushings, does the other oem phazer ski hardware work (bolts, nuts, bushings/spacers, etc)? Or do you use the ski-doo hardware?

It looks like the steel spacer on the phazer that the bolt runs thru is about 1/8" longer than the space that it needs to slip into in the pilot ski. Did you guys just bend the plastic on the ski and force it in?

Also, the ZX rubber bushing looks it it needs to be splayed way open to be it fit around the aluminum arm on the phazer. Is that how everyone does it?

RayKnobs said:
It looks like the steel spacer on the phazer that the bolt runs thru is about 1/8" longer than the space that it needs to slip into in the pilot ski. Did you guys just bend the plastic on the ski and force it in?

Also, the ZX rubber bushing looks it it needs to be splayed way open to be it fit around the aluminum arm on the phazer. Is that how everyone does it?

Maybe just grind/sand/turn down 1/8" off the spacers? That would probably be my thought instead of forcing it.

I read in another post that the ZX rubbers had to be "modified"...I am not sure how much though.

Keep me updated. I want to install the pilots too.

So far I sawed off 1/4" of the shaft and collar to make it fit in the ski.

The stock ski rubber is to long, wide, and isn't thick enough to fit into the pilot ski. I traced the profile of the stock rubber onto the skidoo ZX rubber and plan to cut it to shape on a band saw.

Depending on the way it faces when i trace i can have more surface contact on the rubber on the front of the ski arm or on the back of the arm.

Any thought?

IMAG0710.jpg

To fit the Pilots on you just remove one of the washers that are pressed into the ski and put it on the outside.No need to shorten the stock phazer sleeve.The ZX rubber is another story.They need to be modded to fit our spindle.

I thought about turning them around but was worried i would have steel shaft and collar rubbing on the ski plastic.

How did you cut your rubber?

How did you guys modify the ZX to make them fit the Phazer spindle better? And, did you put all of the spacers on the outside to widen the ski stance?

I mounted the Pilot 5.7's I had on my Rage on my Phazer last night. You can force the stock spacer in place without too much effort and both spacers and washers fit fine. I first fit them with the spacers on the outside but the spindle was twisting the ZX rubber. Since there is not a lot that locates the ZX rubber to the Pilot ski I thought that this was not good. I then refit the skis with the longer of the two spacers on the outside and the ZX rubber seems to sit pretty well. The only thing I dont like is the skis sits flat with the stock ZX rubber. I think it would be better to have the tips up somewhat. Thanks, G.B.

I ground off the front of ZX rubber and shimmed the back using a piece of 3/8 rubber tubing under it.

Back