• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pivot riser questions

Tuesday

Veteran
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/show ... ost1980021

Put on RSI 7 inch risers with pivot adapter and offsets on my nytro. My question is there a torque rating on the bolt that attaches the bottom of the riser to the pivot adapter. I have it very tight and the bars will still move with hard pulling and pushing. The risers are very smooth does that surface need to be roughed up? Went for a ride today, height seems perfect but need to get the risers to keep from moving.

The pivot adapter is grooved the riser is smooth

Thoughts? I sent RSI a PM as well.

Thanks

More info and pics in the link. Just looking for some feedback.

Hey, My brother Just put the 5" RSI Risers and bars and RSI pivot tube on his sled. We had the exact same problem. We tried putting teflon around the tube we tried tape. The only thing we didn't try was cutting the slit bigger. Then we tried throwing on an extra washer onto the bolt that pinches the bottom clamp. And that seems to fix it. Although I agree it shouldn't need it. Really nice set up just needs to be tweaked to get it to work right.

Hey Im having the same issue with my RSI risers. Did the addition of the 2nd washer work for others?

-Just snapped on bolt in half trying to tighten it way down... :(

Muffin Works has a riser design that has solved that problem. Our riser design has a 7-position positive locking mechanism. Once you have chosen your pivot location, the riser locks down and is garanteed not to move. And the entire locking mechanism is completely hidden from view. Our new design is also stronger and easier to install.

Had the same problem with a powermadd pivot riser. It comes smooth so I took and made some knurling by tightening down a little in the jaws of a vise. With everything loctited it is fine for me. It still can move under a lot of force which I actually like. I was riding in some snow blind conditions last year and didn't see a dip in the snow. I went over the handlebars and it just laid my handlebars flat down into my windshield. Had a buddy help me pull them back and I was fine. Had a buddy do the same on an XP last year. His are solid and he broke a few ribs. I just think if you have tall risers you are pressing your luck having it mounted solidly.

I have PowerMadds as well, and the same problem. I eventually drilled a hole the size of a left over rivet (alum.) shaft through the clamp and ends of the riser and cut a piece to fit. Through some extras in my pack. Holds very tight and in the event of going over the bars it will shear the small alum shaft and I can adj back to the right spot and drop in a new alum pin. just got tired of every hard hit having to stop and pull an allen wrench. When you hit that hard something has to give. I prefer its not ME.

Back