• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MS17 with SQ 2.5” questions

Did you ever find a resolution to this situation? I mean other than going back to MS16sm.
Not really sure, but I would say that maybe a combination of factors, whereas many possibilities were eliminated!

Did not have a CAI, so tune ran fat without sub zero temps, and could not pull rpm’s with the XS825 belt???
That’s all I could come up with without data log etc!

No local riding spots available yet, and I will start the season with MS16 and stock muffler, new stock weights set at 73.8 grams, same g force 15 mm rollers and new 8JP belt!

Had my sled apart for maintenance, so I want to take it a step at a time and make sure all is dialed in, before I try anything else.

Not really sure, but I would say that maybe a combination of factors, whereas many possibilities were eliminated!

Did not have a CAI, so tune ran fat without sub zero temps, and could not pull rpm’s with the XS825 belt???
That’s all I could come up with without data log etc!

No local riding spots available yet, and I will start the season with MS16 and stock muffler, new stock weights set at 73.8 grams, same g force 15 mm rollers and new 8JP belt!

Had my sled apart for maintenance, so I want to take it a step at a time and make sure all is dialed in, before I try anything else.
Pretty confident to say that lack of cai had nothing to do with it. Ive never run one and would have afrs around 11.8 at wide open throttle with that tune. I believe hurricane runs a little richer than that without closed loop looking at dyno sheets. Youd have to be quite a bit richer than that to make the sled noticeably underperform. Its possible you were extra rich for some reason but didnt have anything to do with lack of cai

Last edited:
Pretty confident to say that lack of cai had nothing to do with it. Ive never run one and would have afrs around 11.8 at wide open throttle with that tune. I believe hurricane runs a little richer than that without closed loop looking at dyno sheets. Youd have to be quite a bit richer than that to make the sled noticeably underperform. Its possible you were extra rich for some reason but didnt have anything to do with lack of cai
OK, Thanks for that bit of info. I do appreciate input!

No boost leaks.

Have not tested for boost leaks, but have done the (.750")TB spacers, and checked all clamps and hoses while in there, and boost levels have always been where they should be, per (Hour meter)that tunes provide.

Back