• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Polaris clutch on yamaha, who has one?

jlparker77

Expert
I am needing some tuning info from anyone who has used one. I will use one on a 05 vector mountain, but can anyone give me some info about what you use for weights and spring. I just need a good starting point. about 5000 feet elevation.

thanks

Jade

p.s. I don't want a discussion about the yamaha clutch vs. the polaris clutch. I am aware of both clutches ups and downs.

:o|

Polaris on yamaha

Put 96xlt primairy on 06 Apex Almondyellow spring with 62gram weights withtop end RPM cut ran at 10700. For a vecter I would start with same spring but 64or 66 grams,but it depends what primiray you have it has to have 30mm taper I would look for xlt or xcr not new twin cly.primiray they have a differant taper and dual angle faces.

Where does this put your engagement? doesn't your apex have a gear reduction between crank and clutch? I know my phazer does and I thought the apex was similiar that way. I have a almond/gold sitting on the shelf, but that seems like a lot of weight (64 - 66) I don't know if i have anything that heavy, but I will look. The clutch I am looking at using is from the late 90's, It does have the right taper.

Polaris on yamaha

You start heavy and cut them back or go to lighter weight shorter spring you may get close but try alot of combs to make share. I ran the same comb on my Apex on my94Vax 600 at 7900 RPM

Back